TPG Community

Get online support

Private messages that are spam?

SOLVED Go to solution
Shane

Hi @teej,

It is a temporary fix while we deal the spam message for the account. The messaging should be available by now.

Regards,

Just to be clear - it looks like I can’t send direct messages now. So TPG has removed the function entirely from me. Not just blocked people sending me direct messages. So if I need support I can only ask general questions - not specific identifying details to moderators? Is that correct ? Is this considered the permanent fix ?
adsldal7
Level 2

I have just received a private message from TPG Community which is clearly spam. How can I stop these private messages?

qak
Level 3
Level 3

Yes I have received this one today from user "Cowboyz"

Subject: Effective way to earn money! Use your chance to the world of digital opportunities! Earn more than $...
Date: 18-02-2021 08:39 AM

Hi there! Want to earn over than $5,000 in the first week? Hurry up to jumped on the insane returns of bitcoin and quietly get rich! Open a FREE account on www.cryptojack.net and make money online! Don't miss the chance to get your piece of the pie!

qak
Level 3
Level 3

Can't TPG block these people? Presumably they are sending these in bulk, so anything that's being posted as a repeating PM should be blocked - and certainly any user that is triggering numerous emails from "TPG Community" should be at least temporarily blocked and investigated.

I can't imagine any genuine user here sending PMs very frequently?

SteveC63
Level 2

@Shane the problem of spammers using the TPG community to send spam by private messages doesn't appear to have been solved, is this something you are still working on, or is it something you need to do one at a time after those messages have been sent?

A previous poster suggested only Moderators and TPG staff be allowed to use the PM system, maybe that is the best answer?

Riezl

Hi All, kindly disregard these type of messages. We are currently investigating this and will be working on blocking these users/spammers permanently.

fodel
Level 2

TPG doit créer des messages privés uniquement à partir de comptes ou d'employés vérifiés ... On a l'impression qu'ils ont obtenu une solution prête à l'emploi et n'ont pas modifié les paramètres

Nudge0206
Level 2

TPG <jonathan.ciarmoli@gpssa.com.br>
PG Internet Pty Ltd ABN 15 068 383 737
65 Waterloo Road
North Ryde NSW 2113
Tel: 13 14 23   Fax: 02 9850 0813

Dear TPG Customer ,

Our attempt to debit your nominated debit/credit card or bank account to payment has failed..

To avoid any service interruption, however we’d still like to point out a few things to you.

Shane

Hi @Nudge0206 ,

We suggest you ignore the message. We created an article relevant to this; please see the link below.

Tips on How to Protect Yourself from Scams, Spam Email, Call and SMS

Regards,