TPG Community

Get online support

Welcome confirmation

mattsperry
Level 2

So, I thought I should carry out an NBN upgrade (FttP) investigation.  At the same time, bundles are often attractive and so I brought in one of our Mobiles.

We’ve been well serviced by Internode for three years (FttN), and so I had forgotten about the experience involved in transferring services.

Investigation completed, and it was a tight race.  Superloop, Dodo and iPrimus were cheapest (out of the 13 ISPs) but I picked TPG.

I’m beginning to regret my (calculated and logical) decision.  Should I?

Way too long on the phone to the Call Centre, in response to calls from unrecognised numbers, emails with the wrong name (hi “Ah”), and a lot of intra-TPG Call Centre transfers.

I made a career out of delivering exceptional user experience across multiple industry verticals, around the world.  5 days in and I’m wondering whether I should quickly cancel the move.

Please, fellow-TPG users, please tell me I’ve made a good choice….

3 REPLIES 3
david64
Level 15

Hi @mattsperry .

All providers are in on the FTTP upgrade.

So, TPG wasn't the cheapest?

You've named some issues which are important to you.

You can browse through this Community for a cross-section of users' problems.

mattsperry
Level 2

Thanks @david64 

I didn’t list all the selection criteria, in my statement above, that are important to me but there are, in my experience, a few canaries.  “Service quality” being the one that I’ve alluded to: technical quality, support effectiveness, on-boarding experience, etc.

I am truly and earnestly hoping that my experience to date has been an aberration, and was hoping to get feedback to that effect.  Thanks for your advice, and I’ll continue my exploration through the Community.

alanguide
Level 7

I've been with TPG for nearly 20 years. Moving from ADSL to FTTN was easy. So was moving to FTTP. I find TPG's service to be very good.