TPG Community

Get online support

Xiaomi phone can send and receive sms but can't make or receive calls January 2024

SOLVED Go to solution
timhas
Level 2

Hi

My Xaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro and my mother's REdmi Note 7 can send and receive sms but can't make or receive calls. CAlls in go to voicemail but since I can't dial 121 from the phone becuase it won't make calls I can't listen to the voicemails. BOth phones are successfully connected to TPG LTE according to the network status.

What can I do?

0 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
8 REPLIES 8
timhas
Level 2

Further detail. Both phones could make calls until about 2 weeks ago

Digimont
Level 2

I'm having the same problem on a Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro. My gut is telling me we've been cancelled!

timhas
Level 2

HiDigimont

See solution I just posted

timhas
Level 2

SOLUTION

Dial *#*#86583#*#*

turn phone off and on again

go to settings>SIM cards and mobile networks>select SIM 1 or SIM 2 TPG>Turn on Use VoLTE

If Use VoLTE does not appear dial the code again and it shoudl appear.

TPG call centre stepped me throught his after a 50 minute wait on hold

timhas
Level 2

NOte the above code only works with Xiaomi phones

Other phones follow same process but may use different code

Digimont
Level 2

I actually found this solution online myself and was coming here to close this and also to tell you how to do it!

BasilDV

Thanks for sharing this resolution in the Community as it will help other readers with the same brand or device.

Have a great day!

felipe_proenca
Level 2
Amazing! It worked! We just have to type it on the dial, not "call" from selecting the text directly from here. Type it without calling and the a message "dissable" will appear. voLTE will be working 🙌🏼