TPG Community

Get online support

ADSL2+ Installation update "Your installation is progressing."

tracpants
Level 3

I have signed up for an ADSL2+ plan at the start of the month and I am yet to get an update when I can expect my internet to be connected. I fully understand there are delays due to covid-19 but it seem unreasonable that I can not be given at least an estimated install date. I am working from home and I am having to use a 4G modem while I wait for my ADSL2+ connection to be installed, an estimate date would help me know how much data I would need to tide me over untill I am connected. 4G data is not cheap and the costs are stacking up. My support chats are constantly being dropped when I am transfered to my "case manager", I am yet to get any meaningful updates on the matter from anyone I have spoken to.

17 REPLIES 17
David_M

Hi @tracpants 

Thanks for your query!

Let me have a look for you, and I will get back to you ASAP.

There is also a new ''TPG Mobile APP'' to help you with various trouble shooting and account issues, via a mobile phone app.
https://www.tpg.com.au/download

Regards,
David_M

David_M

Hi @tracpants 

Can you please PM me your TPG Username/CID and service address.

Thanks,

David_M

Hi @tracpants 

I have escalated this to our Install teams for urgent followup.

You should recieve a call today.

Regards,

David_M

tracpants
Level 3

Thanks @David_M 

tracpants
Level 3

Hi @David_M 

Following up as I did not receive a call from TPG last week. I have had to chase up with chat and on twitter to get any sort of response. I was able to get an update that I should be expecting an email sometime this week with a technician appt.

Stepoi
Level 3
We have exactly the same problem dude..keep calling tpg for my broadband connection..just keep saying we escalate your case to tech support..blablabla!!
U will receive a call later today..** i had enough been waiting more than 2months and i have to spend for topping my fon data to access internet..
I am actually disaapointed..waiting for white christmas for tpg to install my net
tracpants
Level 3

Hi @David_M 

Following up to say that I am yet to receive details for a tech appointment this week as advised by customer service. I have only received a text to say "remote activation was failed" and TPG will follow up with Telstra, I already knew that we would need a tech to come on site as I was told this by customer service.

The lack of meaningful updates is frustrating and contacting customer service is not even worth my time as I am left on a chat for up to an hour only to have the chat closed. I also want to say that "Your installation is progressing." is not a great update, especially when it hasn't changed in so long. Maybe if TPG was able to provide customers with a bit more detail there wouldn't be as many people posting their frustrations on the delay. As stated in my initial post I understand with covid-19 it's not BAU for TPG or Telstra but some transparency would be great.

David_M

Hi @tracpants 

I have bumped this up the chain again. I hope we can sort it out ASAP.

Thanks,

justych17
Level 3

I absolutely agree with you, bragging about being one of the largest provider it really lacks the ability to provide any sort of service with anything that is meaningful. Honestly, frustrating just being passed on from person to person so called chain that they have in their company.