No landline

lewis6
Level 2

A lightning strike blew our landline cordless phone and router 3 weeks ago. TPG sent out a technician and we were sent a new router and we bought a new phone. I have installed the router but I keep getting this message come up ....Your newly installed broadband equipment is waiting to be automatically configured...

Also our phone has a dial tone but the light on the phone is not on and when I dial a number it just beeps a long beep.

A technician told us our router had to be reset from your end but I cannot get to talk to anyone on the phone. Please help. I have two autistic sons who need their wifi.

Regards

julie

5 REPLIES 5
Ahra_G

Hi @lewis6,

We're sorry to know about the difficulty reaching our support centre. Due to precautionary measures to protect our staff from the COVID-19 outbreak, TPG’s telephone support team members are transitioning to working from home. We appreciate your patience as you may experience longer wait times.TPG customer support channels during COVID-19 outbreak

For customers experiencing any issues with their service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage.

Check our Service Status page for any known outages.

If you're on NBN, we have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage

If the issue is particular with the home phone, these articles may also help :

Should you need further assistance, feel free to search community for help or chat with us at https://www.tpg.com.au/support/contact/  and we'd be glad to assist you.

Regards,

Ahra_G

lewis6
Level 2

Thank you for your reply but I have tried all your suggestions numerous times with no success

ikflc
Level 2

Hi TPG Support,

This is not acceptable. We have issue with the NBN performance during peak office hour & we tried to report it. But all we get back is URL after URL which seems like TPG is denying their nbn capacity. I am sure I am not the only one affected as I have a few friends living in the Hills and Glenwood area and are forced to upgrade their NBN50 to NBN100. I have been running speedtest at various time and days recently with Ethernet cable. At 5pm today, the upload speed and download speed are all under 4MBPS. How can you keep asking us to check this and that but not from your end?

According to your sale spec on tpg web page, the download speed is >40mbps for evening time. But what is the minimum download/upload speed for NBN50? Why do we have to pay extra for TPG capacity problem?

Can you please closely monitor the nbn capacity from your end and let me know your findings?

Thnks & regards,

Ka

ikflc
Level 2

Please see the speedtest performed at 5pm.

Ahra_G

Hi @ikflc,

For customers experiencing any issues with their service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage.

Check our Service Status page for any known outages.

If you're on NBN, we have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage

I would recommend checking out these articles elated to your issue:

Aside from calling our phone support, you can also reach us through chat, e-mail and TPG Community, all of which can be found at https://tpg.com.au/support/contact

Regards,

Ahra_G