TPG Community

Get online support

Paying for internet service that does not work

Sari125
Level 2
Hi, my internet stopped working before Christmas (around 23 December) and I have been in contact with TPG many times about this. A technician has come out earlier this week, but the issue was unable to be fixed. I was advised over the phone that I should just sign up for the NBN, so it appears that no further efforts will be made to correct my existing internet issue. The NBN install is scheduled for 16 January.

I have had no internet for over 2 weeks now, and it will be 3.5 weeks by the time I get the NBN installed. I am still paying for this service which I am not receiving. This is also causing me to use a large amount of mobile data, as well as not have access to services I am paying for such as Netflix. I just wanted to see what could be done about this. Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
Ahra_G

Hi @Sari125

Welcome to the Community! 

We're sorry to learn about your experience; certainly not the type we aim to provide. 

I've managed to locate your account and it shows that the installation is in progress. I can reach out again to our Engineering team whilst waiting for the NBN service to get activated. I understand that technician visits has occurred however the service interruption is still ongoing. 

I'll have an Engineer to contact you and provide options regarding the service. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

Sari125
Level 2
Ok, but that doesn’t help me too much now unfortunately as I’ve already been without internet for weeks and am scheduled to get the NBN next week. My concern is that I’ve had to pay for a whole month’s worth of internet last month and this month, and had my service disrupted for a large part of that time. I don’t feel that I should be required to pay for 2 whole months’ worth of internet when I didn’t have any access for a large part of that time.
Shane

Hi @Sari125,

We'll have one of our Engineers contacts you within the day and advised them in regards to your Billing Concern. We'd like to set your expectation that any billing adjustment and compensation will be subject to approval and investigation once the technical issue is resolved.

Regards,

kellybriggers
Level 2

I have the exact same problem now - ADSL not working, TPG not interested at all in fixing it, only want to sell us NBN. They have told us that our ADSL cannot be fixed they can do no more, but we still have to give them 30 days written notice to cancel it and continue to pay.....

Shane

Hi @Sari125,

We've seen that you have been in contact with one of our Engineers earlier today and provided the update related to the escalated fault. Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @kellybriggers,

We have responded to your initial post located here.

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/Cancellation-of-ADSL/m-p/42724#M16443

The 30 days notice is required to be provided when cancelling your internet service, this is discussed during registration and is also covered in our terms and conditions.

Cheers!