TPG Community

Get online support

Access to SMTP Server Revoked

rub92me
Level 2

Hi,

It appears that access to SMTP server for one of my email accounts has been revoked. I tried resetting the password, but am still unable to use and can only use the Post Office rather than Outlook for sending emails. What do I need to do to get this reset?

15 REPLIES 15
BasilDV

Hi @rub92me 

Thanks for raising this with us.

We'd like to have a better understanding of the situation and see what we can do to resolve this as soon as possible.

Please send me a PM with email account in question and your TPG username or customer ID number.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

BasilDV

rub92me
Level 2

Thanks - I sent private message with further details

Riezl

Thanks for sending the details via PM. We'll raise your concern to our Postmaster and revert to you once an update is received.

nerkez
Level 2

I have experienced a similar problem.

I am using Thunderbird 78.10 and I was able to send an e-mail on 27 April 2021.

The settings I use which worked on 27th are the following:

Server name: mail.tpg.com.au   

Port: 25

Connection security: None

Authentication method: Password, transmitted insecurely

User Name: <my tpg user name>

Kind regards,

Nerkez

nerkez
Level 2

Hi rub92me,

Which port do you use for SMTP server in your e-mail client?

I have been making random changes to my e-mail account setting in Thunderbird for last hour or so and have "discovered" that SMTP server "mail.tpg.com.au" now works for me with port 587... I am sure that I have had port set to 25 since mid 90s, and TPG offical settings still suggest this in https://www.tpg.com.au/support/generalsetting.php

Regards,

rub92me
Level 2

I tried both port settings and it doesn't work with either. Access has been revoked, maybe because VPN was connected when sending the email and SMTP server does not allow connection from overseas. I need someone to reset I think. I have sent private message but haven't heard back

Riezl

Hi @rub92me, are you able to check if the issue is still ongoing?

rub92me
Level 2

Hi,

Thanks for looking into this. Issue has now been resolved

Riezl

We are glad to know that, @rub92me. Cheers!