Can't log in or chat

ander
Level 2

I haven't been able to log in to my account for over 12 months.  I have had people try to help without success.  I have tried different browsers and my phone.  I have cleared the cache and nothing changes.  I'm just here again because I just want to check something and that seems to be too much to ask from TPG.  The latest error message.

The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.
Your support ID is a37605bc-4529-4bae-bbf4-ac39442dbbb2

Error 403 - Forbidden

F5 site: sy5-syd
[Go Back]

11 REPLIES 11
david64
Level 15

Hi @ander . How far do you get in the login process?
What URL do you use to get the login screen?
Do you receive the verify SMS?
What happens when you enter the verify code?

ander
Level 2

I type in my username and password at (https://www.tpg.com.au/myaccount) and then next page is the error.

I recieve no SMS.  That is the phone process which works fine.  The problem I'm having is on my desktop computer.

I tried to Chat on the website today and got some issue about an incorrect url.

I get the same error message (Error 403 - Forbidden) if I go to (https://www.tpg.com.au/) and click on the "Support" button at the top right of the home page.

david64
Level 15

@ander . The SMS is part of the 2 factor authentication when you log into your account. Your account profile might not have a mobile number specified to receive SMS. Only TPG can fix that.

The fact you can't get the Support page is a bigger problem since it doesn't involve your account.

Can you enter     tpg.com.au/support    and see if you get to the Support page.

Can you try restart of router. This will get a new WAN ip address which might help.

ander
Level 2

I can't see 2 factor being an issue.  I've only ever seen that with the app and there is no problem with the 2 factor authorization there.  I've been a TPG user for years and it's only the last year or a bit more this has been going on.  I've never had to use 2 factor with the website via desktop.

(tpg.com.au/support) takes me to a 403 error page.

I just tried restarting my router.  Nothing changed.

BasilDV

Hi @ander 

We'd like to check on this further on our end.

Please send us a private message with your account details for further checking.

BasilDV

ander
Level 2

Someone suggested trying a VPN.  I have no idea why that would make any difference but it has.  I just have the added expense now of paying for a VPN just to log in to my TPG account.

Tested again and again.  With the VPN on I have no problems.  With the VPN off I get issues with support and my account page.

david64
Level 15

@BasilDV . Other users have had this 403 Forbidden error in the past but there has been no definitive solution posted back, unless the solution is hidden away in moderators' notes, or with the system programmers. One of the TPG servers should be reporting this error and it should be trackable using the support id number in the message.

BasilDV

Hi @ander 

We can't replicate the issue on our end.

Can you try to configure your DNS manually? Check it here: https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Featured-Articles/Troubleshooting-Browsing-Issues-on-Specific-Webpag...

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

ander
Level 2

Considering that everything other than TPG works fine, I'm not too keen to mess with anything.