TPG Community

Get online support

Cancel New Account if needed; Unethical sales/business practice

Highlighted
Level 1a

Hello TPG, 

 

Thanks for making the cancellation process so painstaking.

 

I have 2 connections with TPG, the one I'm talking about here is a new connection (XXXXXXX). 

 

When I wanted to signup I had called TPG for the new connection I had explicitly told the sales agent that this is for a new construction and we wont be getting the house untill late November, he very convieniently told me that its not a problem and we can choose the installation date for end of November. With no option provided an arbitrary date (7th Nov) for the installation was given to me.

 

I called TPG to change it and I got it changed ot 21st Nov, as we came closer to date the I realized that builder will not be able to provide us the house till 21st Nov and I called to change the date to 2nd Dec., the agent took the request. 

 

Today (22nd Nov) I got a SMS stating that I missed yesterday's appointment. I was at the site the whole day yesterday and neither did anyone show up or called me up. When I called the support center the lady told me that 2nd Dec was booked in and she can re-schedule my appointment but there is a fee for it (which she will waive off).

 

My grievance is that why did the sales agent took my order when they must have known that they can't schedule a date for end of November. I'm still not sure if I will get the house till 2nd December and might have to reschedule it again but due to this I have lost an opportunity to move it forward and will end up paying if I have to re-schedule again. The greivance is that nobody showed up for the appointment and you are flagging it as I wasn't available. 

 

Kindly make sure that the installation is done without TPG trying to rip-off an existing customer who thought to get a second connection with TPG. If you are unable to commit on a hassle free installation, please feel free to cancel my account. 

 

Thanks,

Prateek 

3 REPLIES 3
Moderator

Hi @6672012 

 

Thanks for raising this with us.

 

We've reviewed the account and checked this with our Provisioning team.

 

It appears that the 2nd of December schedule can't guarantee to be booked, since they are still waiting if it's going to be available after they resubmit the order.

 

If the builder can't be sure that the house can be provided by the said date, there are other options that you may consider. These options will be discussed with your case manager.

 

We'll arrange a call from your case manager before 8PM today.

 

Regards,

BasilDV

Highlighted
Moderator

Hi @6672012,

 

Your case manager tried to call you last night to no avail.

 

Do you have any preferred time to receive a call today?

 

Regards,

BasilDV

Highlighted
Moderator

Hi @6672012,

 

We understand that you were able to speak with your case manager and was advised that they've processed a withdrawal of the order and will resubmit the application once available.

 

A new appointment will be given by our Third party provider and you'll be advised via SMS or Email with the updates.

 

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

 

BasilDV