TPG Community

Get online support

Delivery and postal address

Astra
Level 2
I recently contacted TPG to update my postal details as I’ve always had a PO Box. However recently I registered a new number. The TPG lady I spoke to told me she couldn’t enter my new PO Box because the system wouldn’t accept it. She said she would investigate and get back to me.

Today I received a call and they told me that I’m not allowed to have a PO Box for my postal communication. I was hoping to have my new modem for NBN forwarded there. Due to recent security issues following a case of ongoing harassment, we’ve had to keep our property gate locked at all times. Whether someone is home or not. We can’t risk leaving it open for the time span it could take an item to arrive through Australia Post, be it 1 day or 3.

The lady told me TPG could not deliver to a PO Box because the parcel wouldn’t fit. But the residential address mailbox is out of use and even smaller than my PO Box so it doesn’t make sense. I told the lady there is never an issue because if a parcel doesn’t fit inside the PO Box, post office staff keep the delivered item in their care and notify me with a card that there’s something awaiting my collection. I then go to the service desk and they give me my item.

The TPG lady told me that due to emergency services requiring the residential address I couldn’t nominate a postbox as my contact point. Which is an irony because I’m subscribed to emergency services and I have both the residential and the PO Box addresses on record with them. They did not decline my postal details. I then asked the TPG staff member what do emergency services have to do with Wi-Fi services. And of course there was no possible response to that.

Therefore I’m being forced to change to a different provider if someone else can send my modem to the post office instead of the connection address. I have never had any other company decline the possibility of postal correspondence through a PO Box.

I’m sorry but that’s just not good customer relations. Especially where I’ve escalated a security issue to the attention of TPG! The current climate is as if customers don’t matter to you. You already have enough type of thing. Very highly disappointed.
5 REPLIES 5
Shane

Hi @Astra,

Thanks for raising this to us, we're sad to know that you considered switching to a different provider. TPG do not deliver equipment to PO Box for security purposes and to prevent fraud. Sending to a PO Box does not verify that the service address for the account. Would like to get your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) for further handling and investigation of the shipment of the parcel.

In case you need reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards, 

I recently contacted TPG to update my postal details as I’ve always had a PO Box. However recently I registered a new number. The TPG lady I spoke to told me she couldn’t enter my new PO Box because the system wouldn’t accept it. She said she would investigate and get back to me.

Today I received a call and they told me that I’m not allowed to have a PO Box for my postal communication. I was hoping to have my new modem for NBN forwarded there. Due to recent security issues following a case of ongoing harassment, we’ve had to keep our property gate locked at all times. Whether someone is home or not. We can’t risk leaving it open for the time span it could take an item to arrive through Australia Post, be it 1 day or 3.

The lady told me TPG could not deliver to a PO Box because the parcel wouldn’t fit. But the residential address mailbox is out of use and even smaller than my PO Box so it doesn’t make sense. I told the lady there is never an issue because if a parcel doesn’t fit inside the PO Box, post office staff keep the delivered item in their care and notify me with a card that there’s something awaiting my collection. I then go to the service desk and they give me my item.

The TPG lady told me that due to emergency services requiring the residential address I couldn’t nominate a postbox as my contact point. Which is an irony because I’m subscribed to emergency services and I have both the residential and the PO Box addresses on record with them. They did not decline my postal details. I then asked the TPG staff member what do emergency services have to do with Wi-Fi services. And of course there was no possible response to that.

Therefore I’m being forced to change to a different provider if someone else can send my modem to the post office instead of the connection address. I have never had any other company decline the possibility of postal correspondence through a PO Box.

I’m sorry but that’s just not good customer relations. Especially where I’ve escalated a security issue to the attention of TPG! The current climate is as if customers don’t matter to you. You already have enough type of thing. Very highly disappointed.
Astra
Level 2
How is there a possibility of fraud when I have to actually sign at the post office to receive a parcel? In addition I provided my property address at the same time as my postal one, when I was signing up for my TPG connection but TPG just never took it into account. They never told me this though. Also if a bank that deals with thousand dollar accounts doesn’t have a security issue and posts documents to PO Boxes which is actually considered safer, how is a $100 or $200 modem of greater fraud concern?

Investigate further in which way? You are pretty clear about not being willing to deliver to a PO Box which despite my safety issues at the moment means I have to leave my property unlocked for days, compromising my security, just for delivery of a modem. I will be enquiring with other providers to see if they are willing to ship to a PO Box instead.
Shane

Hi @Astra,

We can check if its possible to ship the parcel to your local post office and for pick up.

Regards,

Daschy1
Level 2

I was in a similar situation as Astra (who brought up this topic about delivery & postal adress in Aug 2020) when TPG upgraded to NBN in my area and sending a modem to my PO Box was out of the question. I have been using a PO Box for 22 years without issues from utility organisations or the bank, or even when I online shop. Using a PO Box assists in prevention of mail thefts which is a serious problem these days. Using a PO Box alleviated the issue for me. Using a PO Box gives me peace of mind when I can notify the post office to keep my letters while I'm travelling. Using PO Boxes as correspondence address reduces fraud/ID thefts and INCREASES SECURITY!!!

I just find the reasons given by TPG not to use PO Boxes insufficient and poor to justify their actions. 

I was upset when TPG sent me marketing stuff to my home address this week about upgrading to 5G network and it's the reason I'm posting this message. 

Joseph_D

Hi Daschy1,

Send us a PM with your account details and we'll see what we can do to assist.

Cheers,

Joseph D