Email Only Account

Percyj
Level 2
Hi. I was told today that I can’t change to email only account.. which is odd as I can see posts here from only a few months ago that it was possible.. is this true

I have had my email address with TPG for 20 years and as such a loyal long time customer it would be nice to be able to keep the email address active.
5 REPLIES 5
Shane

Hi @Percyj ,

Let us see what options we have to keep your TPG email active. Could you send us a PM with your details?

How to send a PM?

Regards,

Hi. I was told today that I can’t change to email only account.. which is odd as I can see posts here from only a few months ago that it was possible.. is this true

I have had my email address with TPG for 20 years and as such a loyal long time customer it would be nice to be able to keep the email address active.

Percyj
Level 2

While Shane was nice enough to take my details, another moderater sent a PM instead of posting a public essentially replying:

We no longer allow you to keep an email address you have had for 22 years..

I did suggest that the moderator post it publically as a reply, but alas no..  Is TPG trying to hide something?

Shane

Hi @Percyj 

As of the 7th of June 2023 new or conversion to stand alone email accounts or email only accounts are no longer offerred. 

This should not affect any existing stand alone email account.

Regards,

While Shane was nice enough to take my details, another moderater sent a PM instead of posting a public essentially replying:

We no longer allow you to keep an email address you have had for 22 years..

I did suggest that the moderator post it publically as a reply, but alas no..  Is TPG trying to hide something?

david64
Level 15

So, @Shane . How come the email-only facility is being scrapped for new conversions?

What's the difference between an existing email-only account and some regular user wanting to convert?

The security server and mail server don't care whether a username has an internet account or not.

Is it because TPG is scrapping the free webspace facility? (I can understand this since the webspace was hosted in the Netherlands and that company may now be charging for the service. I guess it was a hangover from the early days of the internet - dial-up and ADSL - to give users easy access to creating web sites.)

I notice the TPG website has been changed to remove reference to email-only account. The old web pages look to have been bypassed into the new support structure. 

Maybe, the email-only facility should have a small price increase, say $30 to $35 or so. Seems TPG is trying to hang on to users; if you want your TPG email address, you need to keep your internet account.

Is the email forwarding facility still being offered? This would be a solution for when users die, and the executor can forward emails for the deceased user to their own email address, for a period of 1 year. This is long enough for the executor to close all the affairs of the deceased user.

@Percyj 

BasilDV

Hi @Percyj 

If you still have an active account with us and still wants to convert it as an Email only account, we can now raise this with our Accounts team.

Kindly send us a private message with your account details for further discussion.

BasilDV