Get online support

Extra charges

SOLVED Go to solution
Ken
Level 3
Level 3

Hey TPG, what's going on?

I received these two messages this morning:

• TPG Mobile: You've been charged for 2GB extra data block for billing period ending 09/10/2021. See usage at tpg.com.au/account (30 minutes delay)
  • TPG Mobile: Your data is now barred as you have insufficient Prepaid balance. Call 131423 or add to your Prepaid balance at tpg.com.au/account.

When I checked my account, I had only used about 0.5GB of data. I can't see why my data was blocked and then I was charged for an extra 2GB of data.

Please explain!

Ken

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @Ken,

I chased this with our mobie team, expect them to contact you within the day to discuss details about the refund.

Regards,

G'day BasilDV,

I see that others have had the charge refunded or credited to their account. When will this happen for my extra charge?

Thanks,

Ken

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Ming1
Level 2

Hi Ken, it seems like we are not the only one. I saw other threads also saying the same thing.

I have exactly same problems as yours. I rarely use my mobile data and I check my account, my data usage is less than 100MB. They charged me for extra 1GB block and barred my data due to insufficient fund.

What is wrong with you, TPG!?

BasilDV

Hi @Ken

Thanks for raising this to our attention.

We'd like to raise this with our Mobile team to check on this further.

Please send me a PM with your preferred time and best number to be contacted.

BasilDV

Ken
Level 3
Level 3

Done

Ken
Level 3
Level 3

G'day BasilDV,

I see that others have had the charge refunded or credited to their account. When will this happen for my extra charge?

Thanks,

Ken

Shane

Hi @Ken,

I chased this with our mobie team, expect them to contact you within the day to discuss details about the refund.

Regards,

G'day BasilDV,

Thanks,

Ken

Ken
Level 3
Level 3

Thanks BasilDV

All fixed now.

Cheers

Kaypamela
Level 2
New installation on 17/12. In your directions you mention a new phone point maybe required. (Never mentioned before). If new one required how much is the cost?
Kaypamela
Ahra_G

Hi @Kaypamela

For NBN connection, an installation guide is sent to your email address with an attached file which will answer your query pertaining to the installation of your service. 

Here's some of the following info:

On the day of installation:

• When your nbn™ installer arrives, check their ID before giving them access to your property. Your installer will discuss with you where the equipment is going to be installed.

• The standard installation will include connecting your existing copper phone cable to an nbn™ Distribution Point Unit (DPU) in a pit close to your premises.

• The standard installation could take up to two hours.

Locating your telephone wall socket

An important first step to setup is locating a telephone wall socket in your home.

Which telephone wall socket is the right one?

It’s most likely the socket that currently connects to your phone or internet service. Ideally, it will be located only a
short distance from a power outlet

These are just some of the basic info you need; all other info can only be provided by the installer as he takes a closer look and assess on how the connection will be set up in your premise. 

Furthermore, the installer will be the one to discuss whether a new phone socket is required and if you will need to hire a private technician. 

Should you have further queries, feel free to let us know. We'd also appreciate if you can provide us with your Customer ID or username via private message in order for us to assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Ahra_G