TPG Community

Get online support

I cant send an email Via Outlook

SOLVED Go to solution
mvail
Level 2

My outlook account will receive emails, but I cannot send emails via outlook. I get an error message saying that it is not accepeted by my server.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mvail
Level 2

All sorted, the help desk noted that i need to change the port in my settings.

Thanks

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Riezl

Hi @mvail, were you able to send emails using TPG Post Office : https://www.tpg.com.au/home/postoffice ?

mvail
Level 2
Thanks Riezl

Yes, I am using the TPG post office on line at the moment to send emails. My outlook is still receiving but cannot send emails.

I have a query in with the email team at TPG but havent received a call back yet.
Mike
Riezl

Hi @mvail, please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account and look into this further. To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

mvail
Level 2

All sorted, the help desk noted that i need to change the port in my settings.

Thanks

Riezl

Glad to know that the issue has been resolved. Have a wonderful day! Cheers!

killifish
Level 2

Ahra_G

Hi killifish,

Let's check a couple of things first: 

• We'd like to know if it's just outgoing mails that are being affected? 
  • For TPG email address, have you tested sending email using TPG Post Office? 
  • Have you tried resetting your Outlook settings? 
  • Are you getting any error messages when sending? If so, pls post the screenshot here. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

killifish
Level 2

only out going emails affected-never heard off tpg post office?how do i check my settings ?as you can tell i am not savvy with this kind of problem -thank you for all your help-i do appreciate it

Ahra_G

Hi @killifish,

If this is for a TPG email address, you may try logging in here: https://www.tpg.com.au/home/postoffice

You may also try setting up your Outlook email by following the steps: Setting Up TPG Email for Microsoft Outlook

Let me know how it goes.

-Ahra_G