TPG Community

Get online support

I'm unable to login and access "My Account" details with TPG.

Aubrey

Logging in to My Account requires MFA where we use a combination of account or personal information, followed by a one-time passcode sent via SMS to the mobile number of the account holder or an authorised representative. Without the second step, access will not be possible.

If you need to access any info like account statement or invoice, we can have them sent to your email. 

stephjac
Level 2

I'm having the same problem as I don't own a mobile phone - and TPG are unable to be of any help in allowing me to access my account. New government regulations mean that they have to have a customer's mobile phone number for any 'high risk transactions' but I can't see how accessing my own account involves any high risk.

Daisy_Dhen

Hi @stephjac

Welcome to TPG Community! 

When you contact us or log in to My Account, you will be prompted to provide a One-Time Passcode in addition to the usual ID check or login details.

This is part of a security process called Multi-Factor Authentication(MFA) and has been implemented to help keep your TPG information secure.

Multi-Factor Authentication at TPG
https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Featured-Articles/Multi-Factor-Authentication-at-TPG/ba-p/116507

If you need further assistance with yout account, shoot us a PM with your details. 

How do I private message (PM) in the community
https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Welcome/How-do-I-private-message-PM-in-the-community/m-p/4093#M45

Regards, 

Daisy_Dhen

stephjac
Level 2

Why does no one listen or read exactly what I have said?? I can't receive the one time code as I DO NOT HAVE A MOBILE PHONE!

Daisy_Dhen

Hi @stephjac

We'll be waiting for your details via PM so we can check your account. 

Regards, 

Daisy_Dhen

stephjac
Level 2

How do I send you a PM Daisy?

adeane1
Level 2

Welcome to the closed-loop cul-de-sac that is TPG tech support. You may want to get comfortable; depending on your level of masochism, you could be here for quite some time.

Ever seen Jacob's Ladder? The 1990 Adrian Lyne original with Tim Robbins, not the recent remake <shudder>. If not, I can highly recommend it. But if so...

<minor spoilers ahead>

... this place is very much like the hospital Jacob ends up in after being run down in the street. It's like a nightmare from which you cannot awaken. All you want to do is go home but everyone you talk to is telling you that there IS no way out of here and no matter what you say, they don't believe you.

Enjoy your stay! Smiley Wink

daveoz
Level 2

G'day!

These are the emails I've received from TPG after supplying a mobile phone number as required by TPG...

=================================================
To: "****@tpg.com.au" <****@tpg.com.au>
16/5/23 15:14

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting TPG.

To complete your identity verification, you'll just need to perform an online digital assessment with your current photo ID on a smart phone with a front-facing camera.

You can use a Passport from any country or an Australian Government Issued Licence/Photo ID card as your photo ID. Please note that we cannot accept digital screenshots of ID.

We've just sent a link to the digital assessment via SMS to the contact number you provided on the online form.

Please note that the link will expire in 48 hours.

If you do not receive the link or do not have access to the contact number you provided, please reply with an alternate contact number we can resend the link to.

You can use an international mobile number but please also advise us what country the number is from to ensure you receive the link.

Thanks,
Judy

TPG Telecom Privacy Team
====================================
To: "****@tpg.com.au
16/5/23 16:31

Hello David,

Thank you for your call to TPG today. [TPG called me.]

We were unable to verify your identity. To confirm that we are talking to the Account Holder, proof of your identity must be provided to our Privacy Team using our online form at: https://www.tpg.com.au/identity

This additional step has been implemented to protect our customers from unauthorised account access.

Once the form has been submitted, we will be in touch within 1-2 business days.

If you are not attempting to verify your identity with TPG, please call us on 13 14 23 as soon as possible.

Kind regards

The TPG Team
=====================================
16/05/2023 16:57

Hi David,

Thanks for submitting your ID information. Your reference number is 06352785.

We'll review your request and send you another email/SMS within the next 2 business days.

Kind regards,

The TPG Team
==========================================

This is me.........

I'm 76 years old and live alone, and am not in the best of health. I don't want this hassle. I don't want to speak to anymore people that I'm struggling to undertand what they're saying. I don't have a mobile phone, (I supplied my son's mobile number), and I don't have a smart phone to take a picture of myself with, or even undertand how that verifies that I am who I am.
I've been with TPG for 23 years, and I don't want to go to another ISP, and I'll probably contact a lawyer before I do that, BUT HOW LONG IS IT GOING TO TAKE BEFORE I CAN ACCESS MY ACCOUNT DETAILS, AND AM ABLE TO REMOVE MY PICTURES BEFORE MY "CONPLIMENTARY" ONLINE WEBSPACE IS CLOSED DOWN? Isn't being able to access those account details something that I'm paying for?

Dave M.

Angeli

Hi @daveoz

We've coordinated your mobile contact number update request with our Privacy Team and we'll let you when everything has been sorted. 

Regards, 

Angeli

daveoz
Level 2

I've found out why TPG wants my pic.

The following "info" is from TPG's "Privacy Policy......
( https://www.tpg.com.au/about-us/legal/privacy )

"Some of the information that we collect may be sensitive information, for example, information about your health, race, ethnic origin, religious beliefs or your biometric information (e.g. for facial recognition and verification)."

That's obviously why TPG wants my photo... "facial recognition" ...my pic is going on a facial recognition database!

That "Privacy Policy" paragraph continues.........
"If we need this type of information we will ask you for permission, except where otherwise allowed or required by law."

TPG, by preventing me from accessing my TPG account details etc, is trying to force me to supply my photo. That's obviously not asking "for permission" to have my pic, and are they "allowed or required by law" to have it? I would very much like an aswer to that question.

I also found out why I was having trouble understanding all the people at TPG that I was speaking to on the phone. It's because they're all in the Phillipines.

I was feeling quite sad yesterday about having to leave TPG after 23 years. I'm feeling less sad about it today. Smiley Happy