TPG Community

Get online support

Mobile data is now barred

masato
Level 2

Received SMS this morning saying my data is barred due to insufficient prepaid balance. I called 131423 and phone was rejected due to volumn of calls. Then I topped up the prepaid balance, then received another SMS saying I was charged for 2GB extra data block. After half hour later, another SMS came, saying my data is barred.

I am on monthly debit, further there are extra credits from previous refund.  I also questioning how my prepaid balance were mysteriouly going down, given I don't have use of extra data and all calls and sms used within the package.

Please resume my service, and refund prepaid topup and any extra charges. I have to say most time TPG works good, but when makes error it's critital for clients for simple errors. The billing system needs to be reviewed.  I will consider further escalation  if not resolved timely.

9 REPLIES 9
kedeh
Level 2

I have the same issue this morning. I am also on a plan and not on prepaid and had the same issue. I tried calling but couldn't get through because of the volume of calls. They should have the option to get a call back when available. My account now states that, "You are currently not in contract". 

I hope this does get resolved asap and get notified.

masato
Level 2

Thanks Kedeh,  I am also in a monthly plan.  Not sure what's going on.

I don't agree that "insufficent prepaid balance" should impact the service which are covered by montly plan which is paid in advance.

bushidogi
Level 2

I am also getting this message today.  I am also on a monthly billing cycle which has been already been paid.  Currently been on hold for 15 minutes.

Update:  Was on hold for an hour, then they just hung up on me.

BasilDV

Hi All,

We'd like to have a better understanding of the situation and see what we can do to resolve this as soon as possible.

Please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to assist you accordingly.

BasilDV

robc
Level 3

I've noticed this seems to be a common problem - I've already responded to all the others I can find who have experienced the same problem (which I did as well). My findings are below - hope this helps. 

I also got two SMS messages with the same thing a couple of days ago - firstly saying my data was barred as I had insufficient prepaid balance, then another message half an hour later saying I had been charged for 2Gb extra data.  I checked my data usage which was not anywhere my limit.

I have just called TPG who said this was a known system 'glitch' and that if I stayed on the line they would raise a request to get my $10 refunded. 

As I work in IT, I quite understand that system glitches happen from time to time.  What I am not happy about here is why the onus was on me to spend half an hour out of my work day calling TPG to request a refund.  If this was a known system issue, why was I not sent a follow-up message to apologise, say a mistake had been made, to please ignore the SMS messages and that I didn't need to do anything and I would be refunded?   This is obviously an  issue that multiple people have had and I would expect TPG to be sending out some communications about this.  It's not good enough to stay silent on it and leave it up to individual customers to request a refund.

masato
Level 2

can't agree more, it would be much better for TPG to notify and rectify this issue proactively. it also saves TPG's end to receiving enquiry calls. I haven't heard back on refunding the top up on 10/10/21 yet. My mobile account prepaid balance shows nil depite charged on my account and issued an invoice for prepayment. 

BasilDV

Hi @masato

The credit has been applied to your account.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV

Reid1801
Level 2

And what about the rest of us? Are you going to fix this problem, and send out new SMSs retracting your claims? Do I need to do anything to fix this?

I have been into my account and can  see no excess data usage, so clearly I should not have to pay you or have my data barred. Do I just ignore SMSs from you?

Over to you.

BasilDV

Hi @Reid1801

Thanks for raising this with us.

Please send me a PM with your customer ID or mobile number to check on this further.

BasilDV