TPG Community

Get online support

Price increase with 12 months speed boost

IM
Level 2
Level 2

I received an email from TPG which says:

"From 29/03/2024, your current nbn plan will increase by $5 a month from $74.99 to $79.99. But here's the good part – to show our appreciation for your support, you can opt-in to receive an upgrade to our NBN100 speed tier for 12 months at no additional cost beyond the new pricing for your NBN50 plan."

I'm aware of the price change but have seen nothing about the 12 months upgrade from anywhere. I was asked to click a link to opt-in. Before I do that, I want to know if this is a real TPG consolation prize. Or just another scam.

15 REPLIES 15
alanguide
Level 7

I'd always be suspicious of any link in an email. Look very carefully at the 'from' details. Also, a link may have a credible looking title, but that's no guarrantee that it links to what is shown.

Ahra_G

Hi @IM

We have sent out notifications regarding the price increase. You may send us a private message and we'll confirm the email you received and assist with any further queries you have. 

-Ahra_G

IM
Level 2
Level 2

I called TPG and  confirmed the email was not a scam. So I click the link to opt in, but got the message Access Denied. What's happpening?

Aubrey

@IM We can help in getting that plan upgrade processed. Just send in your details and we can go from there. 

BentBackward
Level 2

I'm having the same issue (Request Denied), but there's no button to private message when I click on Mod/Admin usernames?

EDIT: after replying here, the system levelled me up and now I can DM the mods

geolightx
Level 2

I would like to send a private message, however, it seems my account doesn't have the permission to do so.

I'm having the same issue like everyone else. how do I go about taking up the offer? thank you.

geolightx
Level 2

it looks like you need to send at least one message publically to get the private message option. it works now :-)

warrendon
Level 2
I also received the notice. I got the "access denied" message when I tried to accept the offer. What's going on?
geolightx
Level 2
Something odd with the form settings. It worked for me when using Opera browser, though the helpful support here recommended trying either Edge or Opera. Give either of them a try and see if it works for you.