TPG Community

Get online support

Suspend service while on holiday

Petergrout
Level 2

When going on holiday for over a month, can I suspend service so I'm not paying for the month I'm away as won't be using Internet from home?

Thanks

Pete

8 REPLIES 8
BasilDV

Hi @Petergrout,

I understand that you were able to contact our Support team and explained the suspension details. Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Neilhoh
Level 2

Iwonder what the point of a forum is when a questin can be posted and the moderator says, I understand you had your question answered by support team, not on the forum.  The only use of a forum is so other people curious about the same question can see the answer.  Is this indicative of TPG service?

BasilDV

Point well taken @Neilhoh,

For ADSL2+ service:

- Minimum suspension period is 30 days, maximum of 60 days and it will cost $1.00 per day.
- Total fee for the suspension request will be debited on the start date of the suspension.
- Any unused portion of your last payment from the time the service is suspended will be used towards the suspension fee. Hence, we will just debit the account for the difference.
- Suspension can only be requested once per year. Hence, once suspension request is lodged, it can no longer be extended.
- The renewal payment for the standard cost of the plan will be processed automatically 7 days before the last day of suspension.
- Contract will not be affected, however, the billing cycle will change and the new cycle will depend on the end date of the suspension.

NOTE:

*For Customers with Massive Talk/Big Talk Add on
    -We will also suspend your Massive Talk/Big Talk add-on when your plan is suspended. Please be advised that you will need to re-enable it again when you resume your plan otherwise you will not be entitled to the included calls you currently have. You can do this online by logging into Your Account or you can speak to our customer service team.

*For Customers with Super Chat, Unlimited or 88 Bundle (in-contract)
    -As you are still in contract, we cannot suspend the Super Chat/Unlimited/Eighty Eight bundle component of your plan. You will still be billed for these charges during your plan’s suspension.

*For Customers with Super Chat, Unlimited or 88 Bundle (out-contract)
    -We will also suspend the Super Chat/Unlimited/Eighty Eight bundle component of your plan when your plan is suspended. Please be advised that you will need to re-enable it again when you resume your plan otherwise you will not be entitled to the included calls you currently have. You can do this by contacting our customer service team.

*Home Phone
   - Call barring for outgoing calls to a national, international and mobile numbers will take effect once service is suspended.
   - We are unable to bar local calls as home phone should still be able to call emergency services while suspended.
   - Home phone will still be barred after suspension is lifted. This may be unbarred upon your request. You can do this online by logging into Your Account or you can speak to our customer service team.

If you want to lift the suspension prior to the end of the suspension request, please be guided by the process below:

If you will be staying at the same address after suspension:

- To reactivate the service prior to your preferred end date of the suspension, kindly contact our Customer Service department to manually reactivate the service.

- For manual reactivation, renewal fee will need to be processed and the reactivation will happen within 24 to 48 hours for credit card payment and 3 to 4 working days for direct debit payment. Please note that any unused payment from the suspension will not be credited or refunded.

If you will be staying on a different address after suspension:

- To process relocation prior to the preferred end date of the suspension, kindly contact our Customer Service department to lodge the relocation request. Renewal payment for the standard cost of the plan will be processed in order to lodge the relocation request on the system.

- Service will only be activated once the TPG relocation is completed. Please note that any unused payment from the suspension will not be credited or refunded. Also, just a heads up regarding the relocation process. A relocation fee amounting to $99.95 will apply once the relocation is completed, and for the processing it will take up to 10 to 20 working days for Home Phone bundle and $59.95 for stand alone ADSL service and it will take up to 3-5 working days.

For the NBN service:

It cannot be suspended, but you can choose to change your plan to the NBN12 with the lowest price of $29.99 per Month. It is like paying for $1.00 per day suspension. Refer to the picture below.

NBN12.pngNBN12lowest.png

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Krystle
Community Manager

Hi everyone, we've added a post about temporary plan suspension at https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Accounts-and-Billing/How-to-park-or-temporarily-suspend-your-interne....

Jettwang
Level 2

Hi Krystle,

I sent email for park my plan on 29 Apr 20. I have not received any response. Is it normal?

I haven't used the NBN for over months.I need to park it ASAP. Could you please help?

I also called TPG, took a long time and very hard to get through. And i was transferred to 2 to 3 different places, then disconected. Very dissappointing!

Hope someone can follow up my case. People have enough stress now, no more from TPG.

Thanks

Michelle

alanwakeley
Level 2
This link is not working. It says I do not have enough "rights" to view it.
Ahra_G

Hi @alanwakeley

May we know how we can be of help? We'd appreciate if you can also provide your TPG account details via PM.

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

alanwakeley
Level 2

Hi.

This link is not working:  https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Accounts-and-Billing/How-to-park-or-temporarily-suspend-your-interne....

It says I do not have the required "rights" to access it.