TPG Community

Get online support

Unauthorised cancellation of mobile number

WHK
Level 2
Level 2

I received an email this evening about cancelling my mobile service. We did not request for this and it needs to be reactivated ASAP. Please advise urgently.

20 REPLIES 20
BasilDV

Hi @WHK

We'll chase this with our Accounts team and have someone to get in touch with you for further discussion.

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @WHK

We understand that our team has been in touch and reprocessed the payment for your mobile account.

The reactivation is now in progress and has been raised to our Escalations team.

Further updates will be provided via SMS or Email notification once available.

BasilDV

WHK
Level 2
Level 2

Hi BasilDV,

This has been an ongoing issue and still not resolved since my payment details were updated at end of 2021. Each time over the last 5-6 months, we've been assured by the representative that it'll be fixed before the next billing period.

What assurances do I have this time so we don't have to go through this all again next month?

Tommy1ers
Level 2

I recieved the same email - my mobile number has now been cancelled can this be sorted out urgently.

Please explain how your customers accounts were cancelled without consent

WHK
Level 2
Level 2

Can I get a response to this ASAP please!

I still have no service and it's been almost 48hrs since my connection was disconnected without my consent and without notice. On top of that, I see from my bank statement that I have been billed during this time, yet I am still not connected.

Angeli

Hi @WHK

Based on our assessment, your mobile service was not paid for a month; hence, the system has initiated the cancellation. Since your payment for the renewal fee has been received, your service is already be reinstated and it should be working by now. Let us know if you still encounter an issue.

WHK
Level 2
Level 2

Nope - I still have no service. But I have confirmation that payment has been paid and received.

What's the problem now?

By the way, the non-payment was due to your team's inability to process the change of payment details from end of last year. As I said before, we've notified your team on numerous occasions what the details are and each time we're told that it'll be done and it won't happen again. This has been happening every month since the end of last year.

Yet here we are...again.

WHK
Level 2
Level 2

Can I get an answer on this urgently please?

Not only do I still not have service after 3 days now, but I have been invoiced AGAIN. I expect an immediate cancellation of this invoice and my service to be turned back on ASAP.

If this is not resolved today I will have no choice but to take it further to report TPGs utter inability to resolve a very simple issue.

I expect a response with confirmation of a resolution.

Angeli

Hi @WHK

We already requested for invoice reversal since you already made a payment for this month. We're just waiting for our accounts team to fix your account and reinstate the service.