TPG Community

Get online support

Yet to receive information on transferring to the Messaging Company

Longtimelistenr
Level 3

I clicked on the link  I wanted to say I wanted to changeover to TMC, but have heard nothing since.

Who do I reach out to?

I have a problem with junk mail settings (I am trying to add a safe sender, and am getting a message in the junk email section to say "postoffice.tpg.com.au refused to connect" but I guess there is no point doing this with TPG)

11 REPLIES 11
Ahra_G

Hi @Longtimelistenr

If you have successfully transferred over your email to TMC, then we recommend to contact their support here: https://support.themessaging.co/hc/en-au

-Ahra_G

Longtimelistenr
Level 3
Thanks Ahra,

All I have done is clicked on the link to transfer and verified that I would like to do do. I imagine that there is more to it than that though?
Ahra_G

Send us a private message along with your TPG username and email address so we can confirm the status of your email address, @Longtimelistenr

david64
Level 15

@Ahra_G . I verified with TMC that I wanted to transfer a few weeks ago.

Will TPG or TMC have the courtesy to notify users when they do actually transfer or will it be just some secret?

The issue of not being able to access address filters was caused by TPG a couple of weeks ago, but they aren't going to fix it. We have to wait until we are moved to TMC. 

Add to that is emails being lost and unacceptable delays, although I seem to be the only person having that problem.

@Longtimelistenr @

Ahra_G

You may revisit the steps on how to transfer your email here: https://support.tpg.com.au/tpg-email-messaging-company 

Did you perhaps received any PIN? 

Ahra_G

Hi @david64, as per the info from the support link: https://support.tpg.com.au/tpg-email-messaging-company

6. You will receive a reminder via email before your TPG email address will be transferred to The Messaging Company. After transferring, you may be required to create a new password for your email address.

The exact date as to when is a query that should be addressed by TMC. 

Longtimelistenr
Level 3
@david64 Thanks for letting me know there is a problem with accessing the email filter settings, I am glad it is not just me. Sorry to hear about your problems in getting emails. I have experienced that in Microsoft Outlook just recently (although mail received through IOS email app is ok), for some reason nearly all of my emails are going straight to my rubbish folder, and my husband says emails sent from his hotmail account to our tpg account are bouncing. I still think it is a mostly an Outlook issue because emails received via IOS are ok except for my husband’s emails, but I have been updating my trusted senders and message rules within windows and on the server to see if that fixes it. Hopefully I haven’t muddied the waters here!
david64
Level 15

@Longtimelistenr . Regarding "emails sent from his hotmail account to our tpg account are bouncing", is this all emails or just some? 

What are the error messages returned? All same error or different?

Longtimelistenr
Level 3
@david64 it is all emails from his email address but seems to have only started recently, message below:

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

Your message wasn't delivered. Despite repeated attempts to deliver your message, a connection to the remote server couldn't be made.

Contact the recipient by some other means (by phone, for example) and ask them to tell their email admin that it appears that your email system is unable to connect to their email system. Give them the error details shown below. It's likely that the recipient's email admin is the only one who can fix this