TPG Community

Get online support

delayed cancellation on services

Tonyjing
Level 2

I had my apartment rented out and contacted TPG to cancel NBN services. The first phone call to TPG was made a few days ago for a simple cancellation. The staff was trying everything to keep the service ( so did all other staffs I talked to after that), he suggested me to transfer the ownership to tenants, I thought it a way to make things easy for both the tenant and service provider, but was not told about the notice period at all even when I asked what benefit I could have by doing this and the billing period to calculate the remining fees! The apartment was rented through agent, it took me few days to know the tenant didn't need internet. 

I then tried to ring TPG again to explain to multiple people why I definitely need to cancel the services again and again, eventually I was told to be put through to the cancellation team, and dramatically the line was cut, I rang again, verified the sms codes etc, was just told someone would contact me within 24hours. 

After more than 48hours of nothing, I couldn't wait and called TPG again, went through the whole process again and finally received the instruction on how to cancel the services and this was when I saw the notice period for the very first time. 

From my experience, the whole TPG team was trying to make the cancellation extremely hard and wasted more than a week for which I am forced to pay, such a nightmare. 

I still have a TPG account at where I'm living now, but I'm looking to move to another ISP which does not have the ridden punishment.  

3 REPLIES 3
Tonyjing
Level 2

My question was, that the end of the lenthy phone conversations, I received an email telling that I could log on and press the button to do it. WHY was I not told on day 1? TPG is trying to keep customers, but what I experienced simply pushed me away. 

Ahra_G

Hi @Tonyjing,

We appreciate you raising your concern with us and we're truly sorry about the poor experience. Certainly not the type we aim to provide. 

The offer to have the account transferred to the new tenant is a better option as any existing contract on the account will be continued after the change of ownership therefore, if you're currently outside contract, it will remain this way for the new account holder.

When you are outside contract, you can cancel the account without any termination fees. However, you are required to provide us at least 30 days notice and the service has to be paid up to the end of the notice period. 

If there is anything we can further assist you with during your transition, feel free to let us know. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

Tonyjing
Level 2

Hi, Thanks for the reply, it doesn't answer my question though. The conversation was recorded, I clearly told the staff that I rented the place through agent, I did not know the tenant and I would not have any benefit for doing so. When I ask the staff what benefit I might have from this, he had the same answer as you had but did not mention any potential issue for myself, therefore the only reason I agreed to check with the tenant was kind of like I was helping TPG to keep the business.  If I knew this would cost me more money (bear in mind, your staff was told the date I intended to end the service which is already within 30 days) to wait and see, my desition would be very different. Plus, it cost me another few more days to wait for a TPG staff to call me to terminate the contract while within the few staffs I talked to, no one ever told me this could be done online.  TPG has certainly made at least an extra week's money and offered nothing.  It is so disappearing. I have accounts with multiple service providers, was looking to move all with TPG, but now I have to change my mind.