TPG Community

Get online support

5G Home Internet - Terrible Connection

awooga_
Level 3

Have had TPG 5G home internet since August last year and had no issues with speed/connection. Over the course of the last 1-2 weeks I am constantly struggling to get over 5mbps. My Optus mobile 5G will show 100+mbps yet TPG home 5G at the same time is struggling to consistently get above 5mbps. Cannot stream Netflix, Youtube etc as it constantly buffers. Why has the connection suddenly become so bad over the last 1-2 weeks? I am 15 mins from Melbourne CBD. Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Ahra_G

Hi @awooga_ 

We recommend to check this article for basic troubleshooting: 5G Home Broadband - Troubleshooting Speed issues

If the issue persists, please do PM us with the TPG account number so we can check your service. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

awooga_
Level 3

troubleshooting guide did not help. I'm getting speeds of 2mbps tonight. sSPEED.PNGent PM

BasilDV

Hi @awooga_ 

We might need the help of our Tech team to run real time testing.

Kindly advise us of your preferred time to receive a call today.

BasilDV

awooga_
Level 3

Hi, After 4:30 today will be ok. The issue is this isn't happening all the time. Some times I will still get 40mbps but over the last few weeks it's consistently dropping out/struggling to get 5mbps.

BasilDV

Got it! We'll have our Tech team to get in touch with you between 5PM - 7PM today.

BasilDV

Shane

Hi @awooga_ ,

We note that you have been in contact with one of our Technicians and the issue has been escalated to our Engineering Team. Updates may take 24-48hrs, should you require more assistance, let us know.

Regards,