TPG Community

Get online support

ADSL connection outage after NBN installation attempt

SOLVED Go to solution
Corr
Level 2

Hi,

My ADSL connection went down permanently after a failed attempt to install NBN equipment.

Sequence of events up until today below:

1. Received a call from TPG a few days ago advising that my ADSL service will be disconnected in October due to arrival of NBN and offering to switch. Agreed to this. Was advised that installation will be a case of simple plug-and-use.

2. Received the NBN equipment yesterday. Installed per the instructions. The NCD failed to connect.

3. Contacted support, was advised that an NBN technician will visit to perform the installation. The nearest time slot available turned out to be more than a week away. Was given a recommendation to connect my ADSL modem back and continue to use the ADSL service in the meantime.

4. Upon connecting the ADSL modem found out that the ADSL connection wasn't working anymore and the modem was not detecting the phone line.

5. Contacted support again, was advised that tests show issues on the line regardless of the modem being plugged in or not (so not a modem/wall socket problem) and the issue needs to be escalated.

My question is - where do I go from here? Waiting for the NBN technician is not an option as 2 people in the household need to work from home and having a working internet connection is vital. Is there a way to resuscitate the ADSL connection or do I have to explore other avenues? (getting mobile broadband from another provider would be quicker than waiting for NBN that is not guaranteed to work either based on current experience).

Thanks and regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Riezl

Hi @Corr , we apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you and we'd like to help get to the bottom of this.

Please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account.

To send a PM , please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community 

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Riezl

Hi @Corr , we apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you and we'd like to help get to the bottom of this.

Please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account.

To send a PM , please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Corr
Level 2

Hi @Riezl ,

Thank you for your response, PM'd the details.

Since I've posted this, I've received notifications that a ticket has been created and that the issue has been escalated to Telstra.

I've included the ticket number in the PM.

Corr
Level 2

Hi @Riezl 

Just closing out the topic, the engineer visited and fixed the NBN issue directly, so the whole situation is resolved without going back to ADSL.

Thank you very much for your assistance!

Riezl

We are glad to know that the issue has been resolved, Corr. Should you need further assistance, feel free to drop us a message. Cheers!

Jame1s
Level 2

Did you have a fix on this issue? I have the same problem with it.

Corr
Level 2

@Jame1s wrote:

Did you have a fix on this issue? I have the same problem with it.

Hi @Jame1s, in my case the engineer that visited to fix the ADSL issue the next day turned out to be NBN-accredited so they simply fixed the NBN connection instead.

lindahaynes
Level 2

Any fix on this issue?

Regards,

Linda Haynes

Works at Catch

BasilDV

Hi @lindahaynes

Welcome to the Community!

We'd like to look into your account for better understanding of the situation.

Please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to assist you accordingly.

How do I private message (PM) in the community?

BasilDV

charlotteadele0
Level 2

Same Issue Smiley Indifferent

Regards,

Charlotte Adele