Get online support

ADSL dropouts every 5 minutes

pedrohustler
Level 2

Dropouts every 5 minutes

Connection speed is one third of what it normally is when it works

No technical support - prerecorded message says to hang up and try later

No suggestion of issues on Service Status

What's happening TPG? You used to be great!

10 REPLIES 10
Ahra_G

Hi @pedrohustler

Welcome to Community! 

Certainly not the feedback we'd like to hear; even so, we know there's always room for improvement and we strive daily to make more and more positive ones.

I found your account using your Community details and can see that the issue is now raised to our Engineering team. They have coordinated this matter with Telstra and have set a commitment to check the service between now and 19/Feb/2020. 

We apologise for the inconvenience. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

pedrohustler
Level 2
Yes it has been escalated but this was only 24 hours after I initially raised the issue and after the third attempt to make contact with your technical support team (4th actually if you count this community post!)
All in all it took more than an hour of effort on my end to get to this stage and I'm still without internet.
Like you said, there's always room for improvement, and you can start by properly resourcing your technical support team, so that when end users call at 8pm (ie FOUR hours within your advertised operating hours) for assistance they aren't immediately told to call back another time via pre-recorded message because there are too many existing calls to attend to!
Ahra_G

We truly understand the frustration, @pedrohustler

Due to the weather condition, there are multiple connection issues that we are trying our best to attend to hence the delay in responses and lengthy queue wait times.

Nevertheless, there is a possibility that Telstra already attended to the fault as I can see that your connection is now stable for almost a day now. 

Should you require further assistance, feel free to reply directly to the SMS sent by our Engineers or let us know here. 

-Ahra_G

pedrohustler
Level 2
Hello Ahra

I hate to burst your bubble but the problem is not resolved and the connection is definitely not stable.

Please exercise some care when answering in such a fashion, you haven't helped reduce my frustration.

Peter
Shane

Hi @pedrohustler,

We apologise for the inconvenience, our Technical Team is currently receiving a high volume of calls. Unfortunately, due to similar issues in the area, Telstra technicians are experiencing overwhelmingly high workloads and tech response times are longer than normal. We've seen that you have been in contact with one of our Engineers and advised the fault case progress.

We apologise for any inconvenience for any inconvenience.

Regards,

pedrohustler
Level 2

Hi @Shane 

Some feedback

- Please consider that a lot of people won't understand why Telstra is involved in this process as wholesaler. 

- I have spoken with several people at TPG about my issue. They have all acknowledged there is a known issue in my region due to weather affecting ADSL. TPGs own service status does not reflect this and says there are no known issues. Why is this not updated?

- @Ahra_G 's reply was extremely unhelpful and raised my hopes that my issue was resolved. After returning home and realising the issue remained, I spoke with engineering who has suggested this problem may not be resolved for another 8 days. This is extremely poor communication consistency and abysmal customer service and I would appreciate an apology from @Ahra_G 

- I am facing not having internet for 10 days. This seems like a first world problem, but it is vital for my business. When I asked customer service for a temporary 4G system they said this was not possible. You should really consider options for customers (especially long term customers like myself) to offer 4G backup in situations like mine.

Shane

Hi @pedrohustler,

We appreciate your feedback, while we will endeavour to make the Service available to customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, the Service is not fault free and we cannot guarantee uninterrupted service, or the speed, performance or quality of the service.

We understand the inconvenience this has caused, we do not provide interim service while we endeavor to restore a service fault. The billing adjustment will be discussed once the technical issue has been fixed. This will be subject for approval and investigation.

We have identified that the issue is with the core network controlled by Telstra and is affecting a multiple number of homes. This unfortunately means only Telstra technicians have the authority to fix this fault. Further updates will be provided when it becomes available.

Regards,

pedrohustler
Level 2

@Shane @Ahra_G 

Great news guys! After a week of TPG blaming Telstra for my issues it turns out I still need to get someone out to resolve issues on TPGs end because my download and upload speed is less than half of what it was.

I've just spent more than two hours this evening on hold going through the customer service circus trying to find someone to book in a technician. This included being hung up on whilst holding!

Shame TPG, shame.

Ahra_G

Hi @pedrohustler

We apologise for the poor experience. 

As a re-seller, we rely on Telstra to provide the service therefore, we are subjected to their connection timeframe as well as scheduling. We use Telstra's infrastructure hence Telstra techs are the only ones who can attend and fix any line fault. Since they confirmed that the line is clear now, we will be sending TPG tech to investigate any underlying cause of the connection drop outs, which may include checking the line/connection within your premises and even the equipment in use. 

The appointment for Saturday, 22 Feb between 10am-2pm is already booked by our Engineering team.

Should you have further queries, feel free to let us know. 

-Ahra_G