Since Monday 11th May, we've had frequent and extended drop-outs to our household ADSL service.
I've tried to call TPG on numerous occasions since Monday, to try to resolve this issue, but have just gotten lengthy periods of on-hold, and or an automated message stating that TPG cannot take my call due to high call volumes...
I've turned our modem off and on probably a dozen times or more since Monday. I've unplugged the line from the wall as well, but the service is still very patchy, and dropping out regularly.
How can we resolve this if you're unable to receive my phone calls ??
We have three children home-schooling, so it's critically important for us to have a sound internet service at this time.
You are actually on an NBN-FTTN 12/1 service (called NBN, not ADSL anymore).
I have checked it all out and all tests are passing on our NBN portals.
I did see a couple of NBN maintenance incidents from a few days ago, so maybe they were addressing things which made it unstable for a short period.
There are different types of dropouts that you may experience:
1. Network dropouts, this dropout is caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.
2. Wireless dropouts, this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.
3. Dropouts caused by ongoing outage in your area.
In the event that you experience dropouts via Wireless/Wi-Fi connection, we recommend having a read on the following articles:
• Troubleshooting a Slow Internet Connection https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Featured-Articles/Slow-speed-issue/ba-p/1197
• Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Featured-Articles/Easy-Steps-to-Improve-Wi-Fi-Connection-In-Your-Hom...
• Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Modems-and-Devices/Wireless-Channel-on-your-modem-what-is-it-and-why...
We have also created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/How-to-Check-for-NBN-Network-Outage/m-p/45557#M17...