TPG Community

Get online support

ADSL2+ new connection slow speed

mastersmat
Level 2

Just had my adsl2+ installed and using the TPG map it says i am 2km from the Exchange. Im getting speeds of 6.5mb/s download and .6 upload. Is that something i should expect? I thought i would be getting about 10 to 12mbs download speeds. 

Cheers

8 REPLIES 8
mastersmat
Level 2

Bump*

Could anyone weigh in on average ADSL+2 speeds?  Just set up the service and averaging 5.5 to 6.5mbs download speeds using ethernet cable and making sure 0 other devices are in use.

rojee
Level 2

I'm about 2km from exchange & get only slightly better results.

rojee
Level 2

2.6km away from EXCH

Mbps download

Mbps upload

rojee
Level 2

Mbps download

Mbps upload

luke
Level 3

They will tell you it's an issue with the cable and that is Telstra's problem not theirs....you should be getting full speed uplaod and download

BasilDV

Good day @mastersmat,

Welcome to TPG Community!

I checked your account and learned that you are about 2.5 Km away from the exchange. It seems that the modem is receiving a good sync speed based on your distance. The Downstream sync rate is 8258 Kbps and the Upload sync rate is 1020 Kbps.

The ADSL2+ speed depends on the cable distance and the quality of the copper wire that is being used.

Are you able to provide some speedtest result for both wired and wireless connections? Just to compare in case we are experiencing signal interference.

Kind regards,

luke
Level 3
As I mentioned. ..quality of cable..Telstra fault..some people are only getting max 2mpbs by the way
BasilDV

Good morning @luke,

Are you experiencing any issues as of the moment? We've searched for your account, but failed to find a match. We'd like to look into it to understand the situation. Please PM us your TPG username or CID number.

Kind regards,