TPG Community

Get online support

Adsl 2+ dropping out

chimaira56
Level 3

My adsl 2+ has been dropping out constantly over the last 2 days when it had been functioning fine for months prior. I havent changed or touched anything to do with it. Is there any issues in the area that could be causing this?

8 REPLIES 8
2fly
Level 5

Hi @chimaira56

Did you noticed the light on the modem when the service drops?
If the DSL light turns off or flashes everytime it happen it there's a possible line fault that needs to be address by a Technician.

chimaira56
Level 3

That is exactly what happens. Hoping a mod sees the post

Shane

Hi @chimaira56,

Thanks for raising this to us. I ran initial tests to your service and it shows multiple dropouts on the line, but no line faults were found. What troubleshooting have you done so far?

• Isolate modem/router straight to the wall socket.
  • Try different wall socket, phone cable, filter splitter.
  • Re-seat modem/router cable, filter splitter to the wall socket.

If you've done the following troubleshooting above; I would like to arrange a call from one of our Technicians for further test and investigation. Feel free to PM me your best contact number and preferred time.

In case you need a reference. How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

chimaira56
Level 3

I tried all of those methods and it still drops out

chimaira56
Level 3

I also only have 1 wall socket for the phone line

Vhorlon
Level 4

Hi @chimaira56

If its an actual fault on the line, you can expect TPG to keep you in a circular purgatory of running the same tests over and over, while sending technicians to your house who continually search in vain for problems with the hardware or wiring/connections at your premises. What you shouldn't expect: a resolution that doesn't involve switching to another provider or being treated for a brain hemorrhage.

Erika

Hi @chimaira56

Thanks for confirming. This issue is commonly caused by faulty hardware or phoneline like modem, filter, phone socket, internal cabling or poor copperwire quality and the checks you've done would help us eliminate any possible issues on your end.

I recommend to have one of our technicians call you to discuss this further. Can you please let us know your best contact time and number via Private message so that I can arrange this for you?

For your reference, please see our article on How do I private message (PM) in the community.

Regards,

Erika

Hi @chimaira56

I've seen your Private Message and has now arranged a call from one of our Technicians today between 3:30pm - 4:30pm NSW time. 

We would appreciate if you'll be at home during the time of call as our technicians would like carry out simple checks with you to eliminate any possible equipment issue. If this time is not suitable, please let us know and we'll have this rearrange for you. 

Regards,