TPG Community

Get online support

Archer VR1600v internet connection dropping out

Riezl

Hi @ilissiya,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were unable to locate an account using your community details.

Please PM us your TPG customer ID, username and complete address with a brief description of your concern.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

mrjin
Level 2

Hi, @Riezl @Ahra_G ,

It happened again just now. I tried to call technical support but it came back before I can get through. Again, I would like a direct contact number so that I can get hold of someone when it happens again. Thanks.

mrjin
Level 2

Hi, @ilissiya, sorry I did not check the post recently. You seems to have exactly the same issue with me.

Shane

Hi @mrjin

We ran an initial test to your service it shows now connected for 1h 4m. Are you still having issue with the service? If so, please indicate the particular issue on this thread so we can make further investigation.

Cheers!

mrjin
Level 2

Hi @Shane ,

Thanks for performing the test. So far no issue found after reconnected.

Checked the router logs, found following error msg during the down time. Started at 11:05:07 AEDT.

ppp3 Timeout waiting for PADO packets

ppp3 LCP down

ppp3 Peer not responding

To me it looks like either your server stopped responding for a mintue or so or the router was faulty...

Shane

Hi @mrjin,

Based on our test result, the dropout caused by the modem/router trying to refresh the connection to our network. We'll keep an eye on your connection, in case you will experience the same issue do not hesitate to update us on this thread.

Cheers!

mrjin
Level 2

Hi @Shane ,

Thanks for following up. It just happened again. And just as you said, it seemed to be the router was trying to refresh the connection. But is it normal to take over 1 minute to just refresh the connection? I would expect it to be completed in a few seconds.

Ahra_G

Hi @mrjin

Apologies for the trouble. I did run remote test and have also detected some drops on the connection. 

I have performed a reset on the line hence I would recommend to monitor the connection for now. If the drop still continues, let me know your most convenient time to receive a call so we can organise a contact to be made from our Technical team. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

jckresq
Level 2

I'm having the same issue with drop-outs and having to reboot. Strange thing is some devices drop out and others don't. Sometimes wifi sometimes LAN. Wondering if it is a DHCP thing.

Either way, only way to resolve it seems to be to reboot the Archer modem. This is something that has only started happening often in the last 2-3 weeks I think, and terrible this week.

I have NBN 100 plan. Just waiting for tech support to ring me back as they are mega busy just now it seems.

Rica_R

Hi @jckresq,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We're sorry to hear about the drop puts encountered with your NBN Connection.

I was able to locate your account using your community details  and have seen that a NBN Technician is bound to attend your service on Thursday to fix the line fault. 

Further details will be provided once available. Thank you.