TPG Community

Get online support

Call of Duty - Modern Warfare Latency Issues

Dschaffler12
Level 3

Hi

For the last 5 days my ping during games has gone from 10-12ms to 150-200ms. If I connect via my VPN it rectifies the problem and my ping is returned to 10-12ms. What has changed in the last 5 days that TPG is routing the traffic differently, yet connecting to a VPN resolves this issue?

Please help,

Thank you

41 REPLIES 41
BasilDV

Hi @Dschaffler12 

What troubleshooting have you tried so far?

Have you tried to run a ping and tracert test to the CoD server?

BasilDV

Dschaffler12
Level 3

Hi Basil

For now just the VPN test. I will run a TracerT check tonight when I get home.

Tks for the prompt reply.

BasilDV

Alright.

You may send a screenshot of the result via private message along with your account details for us to check the account as well.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

BasilDV

Riots
Level 3
I’ve been having the same issue since the date this was posted, today however it’s no longer the usual ping spikes my ping has been sitting at 170-290 ms on COD my neighbour who is with a different provider in the same building is not having these issues so I’m sure it’s from TPG’s end
Link to my post https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/NBN-Installation/Crazy-Ping-Spikes-on-Xbox/td-p/136496
Riots
Level 3
Same issue here.
Vazzzzz
Level 2
Same for me. Started this week. Was always 12-20 ping now it’s 150ping every game no matter what setting i change. Please fix or will find another ISP.
SevastraX1
Level 2

Was there ever any fix to this issue? Just started experiencing the same thing yesterday. It seems to only effect COD, so I thought it was them, but apparently not. Same issue on both PC and Xbox. 

Riots
Level 3
Seems to be a routing issue between TPG and Activison servers. Only fix is to change ISP’s sadly
Riots
Level 3
No fix. Seems to be a routing issue between TPG and Activision servers. Only fix is to change your ISP