TPG Community

Get online support

Cancellation of NBN and monthly fee

SOLVED Go to solution
ta
Level 3
Level 3

My NBN is in no lock-in. If cancelling the NBN, what will happen to the monthly fee? Will it be prorated?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aubrey

@ta Once we receive your cancellation request, our accounts team will write back to you confirming the date of termination and the pro-rated charge for 30-day notice. The amount will depend on your billing cycle.

Cheers!

Aubrey

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Angeli

Hi @ta

You may terminate the NBN service by giving us at least 30 days written notice. You must pay for charges for the service up to the end of the notice period. Please refer to https://www.tpg.com.au/terms_conditions/nbn#:~:text=You%20may%20terminate%20the%20NBN,end%20of%20the... .

Regards, 

Angeli

ta
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Angeli,

Thank you for you reply.

I nderstand what you are saying, but I asked the different question.

My NBN monthly payment is the 3dr of the month. I paid it on 3rd of July for this month. If wanted to cancel my NBN and sent the wrriten notice today, the service would stop in 30 days, which would stop on 4th of Aug. In this case, how much should I make for the next payment? Would it be still for one month or would it be prorated? That's what I wanted to know.

Regards,

Angeli

Hi @ta

Please send me a PM with your TPG customer ID or username and we'll continue the discussion from there. 

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards, 

Angeli

david64
Level 15

@Angeli . I think the user is considering two scenarios.

1. The end of the 30 day notice period coincides with the end of the billing cycle. Is the accounting system smart enough to not make another charge for another billing cycle?

2. The end of the 30 day notice period occurs part way through a billing cycle. Does the user receive a refund for the unused part of the billing cycle?

ta
Level 3
Level 3

Yes, that was what I wanted to know.

Aubrey

@ta Once we receive your cancellation request, our accounts team will write back to you confirming the date of termination and the pro-rated charge for 30-day notice. The amount will depend on your billing cycle.

Cheers!

Aubrey

ta
Level 3
Level 3

Thanks. Understood.

WayneR1
Level 2

Hi @Aubrey, I would like to cancel my NBN service. I'll send you a PM with my details once my account gets permissions to private message. Thanks!

Level 2

I wish to have my NBN account cancelled as i have already changed service providers. where can i lodge my notice of this and to whom?