TPG Community

Get online support

Cannot Send Email Rejected by the Server/Banned from using SMTP

SOLVED Go to solution
BasilDV

Hi @peter909

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and we apologise for the inconvenience.

We were able to locate your account using your community details and understand that the case has been raised to our Post Masters.

Further updates will be given by your case manager as soon as it becomes available.

Stay safe.

BasilDV

peter909
Level 2

@Basil. yes I did get a courtesy call informing me that it was being looked into, which i appeciated. though I do not appreciate getting that error message telling me A. "banned from using SMTP AUTH due to previous abuse" and B. "Please verify that your email address is correct in your account settings and try again." which are two very different things with the former, if incorrect, bordering on libel. Still happy with TPG anyhow, as I do not run an important business nor am I a famous celebrity.

peter909
Level 2

problem fixed.  support rang, but I had to reset the SMTP outgoing port back to 587 from the 25 I had changed it to to try to fix the problem  (I was getting the same strange abuse or check settings message though). best guess is the vpn I use, or alternative DNS even, was confusing things at TPG's end. problem solved, mystery alive.

grashar1
Level 2

Thanks, I changed my password and it seems to have fixed my problem, appreciate your help

grashar1Smiley Happy

Riezl

We are glad to know that. Let us know should you need further assistance. Cheers!

JBMarigold
Level 3

I have this problem too as of today.

Receiving but not sending, Port has been changed to 587.

I'm with alphalink under the TPG umbrella.

Please unblock me.

Ahra_G

Hi @JBMarigold

Despite being in the same umbrella, TPG Telecom and Alphalink are still separate entities and operate independently of each other.

Please send your email address via private message in order for us to check and direct you to the relevant team. 

For your reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Ahra_G

JBMarigold
Level 3

Hi there,

I've sent details in a PM and haven't heard back. It's been 24 hours without access to outgoing email - an essential in my business. Please tell me whether the issue is at your end, mine or whether I need to talk to Alphalink. I am still receiving mail on my Mac using 10.13.6 and Apple Mail. The blocked outgoing mail is tagged with:

Mail was unable to connect to server “smtp.alphalink.com.au” using SSL on port 587. Verify that this server supports SSL and that your account settings are correct.

Select a different outgoing mail server from the list below or click Try Later to leave the message in your Outbox until it can be sent.

Cheers.

Ahra_G

Hi @JBMarigold

The issue has already been directed to the relevant team.

Kindly wait for them to be in touch via email. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

marzyta
Level 2

Again the same issue:

Send test email message: Cannot send the message. Verify the email address in your account properties. The server responded: 535 5.7.8 [TPG-A02] Authentication denied. User marzyta@tpg.com.au is banned from using SMTP AUTH due to previous abuse

I have tried to setup again outlook tpg account but could not due to this error.

Before I could to send email from ouylook for months.

Please unblock me I am not doing illegal activity, you are one of the biggest internet provider but your email was terribly.

Best Regards

Mariusz Skwarczynski

e-mail: m.skwarczynski@uq.edu.au