TPG Community

Get online support

Cant send emails as they are being marked as spam

CnsAlumin
Level 2

I can't send emails or reply to emails. I get an error message that says this: 

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:    RE: Attn Stacey: Re: Shed 4, 18 Bollard Street Portsmith.

Sent: 7/05/2021 10:51 AM

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'Bryan Bergman' on 7/05/2021 10:51 AM

554 5.7.1 [TPG-S02] [1470olmv010601] Message rejected as it appears to be spam. Use SMTP AUTH, PostOffice, or contact the Postmaster Team <postmaster@tpg.com.au>

Ive tried changing my password multiple times but that doesn't fix the problem. I am using outlook which is where the problem is occurring. I can send emails from the TPG post office though. 

4 REPLIES 4
Shane

Hi @CnsAlumin ,

Thanks for raising this to us, here is an article that you may find helpful. This will guide you a basic troubleshooting on how to rectify outgoing email issues. 

Cannot Send Email Rejected by the Server/Banned from using SMTP 

Let us know how it will go.

@CnsAlumin wrote:

I can't send emails or reply to emails. I get an error message that says this: 

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:    RE: Attn Stacey: Re: Shed 4, 18 Bollard Street Portsmith.

Sent: 7/05/2021 10:51 AM

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'Bryan Bergman' on 7/05/2021 10:51 AM

554 5.7.1 [TPG-S02] [1470olmv010601] Message rejected as it appears to be spam. Use SMTP AUTH, PostOffice, or contact the Postmaster Team <postmaster@tpg.com.au>

Ive tried changing my password multiple times but that doesn't fix the problem. I am using outlook which is where the problem is occurring. I can send emails from the TPG post office though. 

CnsAlumin
Level 2

Thanks. I've already tried changing my password which I mentioned in my original post. I'm still having the issue after changing my password. 

Ahra_G

Hi @CnsAlumin

If you are able to send through Post Office then this means the password change was successful and there's no issue with the email server. 

Is it just that email address that is being marked as spam? 

You may need to check the settings on your Outlook; last resort is setting up your Outlook again. 

You may also try checking out these articles:

Let me know how it goes. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

ggled
Level 2

When sending emails from an android phone the action fails. A message is recieved saying "Couldn't send email. This email has been classified as spam by the email provider."

Problem could be in the use of port 25 for SMPT

Port 25 for email submission is frowned upon these days due to the numerous misconfigured servers and open relays that use this port for submission which contributes to the spam problem.

The Internet standards say to use port 587 for email submission instead. Port 25 should be only used for email to email server deliveries and relays. 

Hence many ISPs firewall outgoing connections to port 25 in an attempt to prevent compromised home computers sending spam via consumer internet connections.