TPG Community

Get online support

Cant send emails from Android phone

JS1HUNDRED
Level 3

I have been unable to send emails from my phone using my TPG account for about 6 months.
As I have been locked down for most of it, it didnt matter, but now it is getting annoying. There is no reason for it. The configuration was the same as when it worked. I eventually deleted the mailbox and re-added it. But no change. Emails simply sit in the outbox, saying 'Sending Failed'. That is the extent of the informaton I am given. Can you check your end for why this wouldnt be working? I wont put my username in here, as you horribly chose it for me when the account was created, including my surname and birth year instead of letting me choose one myself. Because of this poor decision by TPG, I have not been able to use the account at all (Unless I want to hand my personal details to everyone on the internet), and instead had to add an alias. Please contact me to assist.

28 REPLIES 28
Shane

Hi @JS1HUNDRED ,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for raising this to us, we'd love to help and get to the bottom of this. We'd like to confirm if you have tried to send an email using our Post Office ( https://www.tpg.com.au/home/postoffice ), let us know how it will go.

Also please post the screen shot of the Error message on this thread for additional reference. Shoot me a Private Message together with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) to better understand the situation.

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

JS1HUNDRED
Level 3

PM'ed you, and Screenshot attached.

JS1HUNDRED
Level 3

FYI, this was never resolved. Support simply gave up.

It stopped working for no reason, and I have never been able to send emails from my phone since.

Very poor service.

Ahra_G

Hi @JS1HUNDRED

We're sorry to learn that the issue persists. I believe we have advised you to change your password however, you did not wish to proceed with that. 

Furthermore, your email works using Post Office as you have confirmed as well as your other devices which means the email server is working. 

Here are few of the Community articles you may refer to:

You may also send your concern to our PostMaster (postmaster@tpg.com.au) for direct assistance. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

JS1HUNDRED
Level 3

Yes, Changing the password was not necessary, as it has worked correctly everywhere for over 10 years.

Thanks for the reponse. Ill look through the linked info.

Shane

Hi @JS1HUNDRED,

Let us know how it will go, cheers!

Yes, Changing the password was not necessary, as it has worked correctly everywhere for over 10 years.

Thanks for the reponse. Ill look through the linked info.

JS1HUNDRED
Level 3

Well, its fixed. And the solution is the stupidest, most annoying thing.

Not expecting it to work, I decided to try turning off 'Require authentication to send emails', and that worked. I cant imagine why this setting changed a year ago, and I wouldnt have expected it to not need authentication to be able to send. I swear i tried this when it first happened too.

JS1HUNDRED
Level 3

So after I turned off Sending authentication on ‎22-08, and the test email sent successfully, I assumed this was resolved. I havent sent an email from my phone since, until last night, where it failed again.

I cant imagine sending from a TPG account would not require authentication, so I dont know why it worked, or why anyone here let me change that setting. But i guess if it got me off their back about my issue, they were happy to leave me to it, and not care.

Either way, I still cant send emails from my phonem, and have tried everything.

Shane

Hi @JS1HUNDRED,

Thanks for the additional details, I am sad to know that the issue occur again, I recommend to contact and raise this directly to our Postmaster, you may send them an email to postmaster@tpg.com.au for real-time test and investigation.

Regards,

So after I turned off Sending authentication on ‎22-08, and the test email sent successfully, I assumed this was resolved. I havent sent an email from my phone since, until last night, where it failed again.

I cant imagine sending from a TPG account would not require authentication, so I dont know why it worked, or why anyone here let me change that setting. But i guess if it got me off their back about my issue, they were happy to leave me to it, and not care.

Either way, I still cant send emails from my phonem, and have tried everything.