TPG Community

Get online support

Change password for slave email

SOLVED Go to solution
drbob
Level 6

I have tried that and used my tpg account password but the login failed ("Invalid details used").

I can't use the slave email password as I don't know what it is.

BasilDV

Hi @drbob,

Sorry for the confusion.

The forgot password link that was provided to you before, it will ask for the TPG username or customer ID, right?

Instead of entering the main TPG username, have you tried to enter your slave username? If not, are you able to try it right now in order to receive a temporary password for your slave account.

Regards,

BasilDV

drbob
Level 6

Hi Basiv,

I have tried using the slave email name followed by the postcode and the key on the "forgot password link" but I still get "The username, customer ID or postcode entered is invalid."

BasilDV

Thank you for the information, @drbob.

Are you able to send me a PM with your slave account name that you would like to change the password?

I'll check it on my end.

Regards,

BasilDV

drbob
Level 6

Can you please remind me how to send a PM?

BasilDV

Hi @drbob,

Here's the instruction on how to send a Private Message.

Regards,

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @drbob,

You are right, the forgot password site is not working on a slave account.

In order to change the password of your slave accounts, it needs to be done by our Customer service team via phone call as verification is needed for the security of the account.

They will not change the main TPG account password as we can advise them specifically of what account you want to have a new password.

You may send me a PM with your preferred time and best number to be contacted and will arrange it for you.

Regards,

BasilDV

drbob
Level 6

Further to my message earlier, I have now arranged to have the passwords on three slave email accounts changed. This was done by Basil (one of the moderators) arranging for a TPG Customer Service Representative to call me during an appointed time window who, after checking ids, changed the passwords on the system for me.

For now, it does not seem to be possible to change slave email account passwords by oneself online.

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Robert

Dean478
Level 2

Sorry to dig up an older thread but I've just encountered the same problem myself. Is this going to be actioned? having to call up customer service to change our passwords is terribly innefficient... not to mention a hazardous way of changing a password...

BasilDV

Hi @Dean478,

Currently, changing your slave account password will be done by our Customer service team.

Just send me a PM with your preferred time and best number to be contacted along with your slave account.

Full verification of the account will be done for security purpose.

Regards,

BasilDV