TPG Community

Get online support

Complaint re billing

SOLVED Go to solution
meganmjs
Level 2

I recently had 3 queries regareding my billing and none have been answered . I keep getting the runaround - sometimes saying it will be sent to accounts.

On 29/5 20 we lost NBN internet and phone due to outage of NBN. Supposedly it was fixed that day.

Seems when they fixed it they disconected our line. Was not fixed until 2/6/20 - so no internet or phone for those days.

The person I spoke to said as I was a loyal customer and had problems lately ( it took 3 modems until I got one that worked properly) he would increase the speed of our internet.

Did not realise it meant cancelling old plan and geting put on a new one with all those billing implications  until I got notification that my requested new plan was now in effect.

Problem 1 - new plan was from 29/5 and we did not get a service until 2/6.  I spent over 2 hours on livechat, being transferred to at least 4 different persons who all needed ID verification and had no access to previous chats so had to explain my 3 problems over and over.

They said they would send request to accounts for compensation. On 9/6 I received a text message saying that 4 days credit was applied but phone not included.  My account showed an invoice raised on 5/6 for those 4 days for grand total of $0.

Problem 2 - phone add on of $10 had been paid on 5/5 for period 12/5 to 11/6.

Due to new plan I was direct debited another $10 phone add on for 29/5 to 28/6.

So I had been billed twice for phone add on for 29/5 to 11/6 - notwithstanding i had no phone from 29/5 to 2/6 as well.

Problem 3 - I had requested phone usage details as they had disappeared from my account when new plan started. I was told they were "gone". I was querying my phone balance as it seemed a bit low. I finally got someone to say on chat they would be emailed to me but this did not happen.

I rang  (finally able to speak to someone and not live chat) and they had terrible difficulty understanding what my problems were and could not answer anything - in the end they terminated the call as they said they could not hear me ( after we had been chatting for about half an hour.)

What do I need to do to get proper answers?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
David_M

Hi @meganmjs 

The good thing is your NBN-FTTN 25/5 service has been working stable for 4 weeks now and with the speed increase, while a short term cycle adjustment is needed, will make your NBN service so much better.

I will arrange a senior billing officer to call you back ASAP within 24hrs to help address your other concerns.

Regards,

David_M

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
David_M

Hi @meganmjs 

Thanks for your query!

Let me have a look for you, and I will get back to you ASAP.

There is also a new ''TPG Mobile APP'' to help you with various trouble shooting and account issues, via a mobile phone app.
https://www.tpg.com.au/download

Regards,
David_M

David_M

Hi @meganmjs 

The good thing is your NBN-FTTN 25/5 service has been working stable for 4 weeks now and with the speed increase, while a short term cycle adjustment is needed, will make your NBN service so much better.

I will arrange a senior billing officer to call you back ASAP within 24hrs to help address your other concerns.

Regards,

David_M

meganmjs
Level 2

Thanks - it has now all been sorted. 

gforcej
Level 3

Hi. I had an issue too

No need to disconnect my mobile data with zero warning during a work meeting today. Please just bill the customer next time, and at least keep the connection. You've had my details and business for 20 years. That's a horrible thing to do and is not acceptable by community or business standards. The decision did not make sense.

BasilDV

Hi @gforcej

Welcome to the Community!

We'd like to look into your account for better understanding of the situation and see what we can do to resolve this as soon as possible.

Please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to assist you accordingly.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

BasilDV

Booza1965
Level 2

@meganmjs wrote:

I recently had 3 queries regareding my billing and none have been answered . I keep getting the runaround - sometimes saying it will be sent to accounts.

On 29/5 20 we lost NBN internet and phone due to outage of NBN. Supposedly it was fixed that day.

Seems when they fixed it they disconected our line. Was not fixed until 2/6/20 - so no internet or phone for those days.

The person I spoke to said as I was a loyal customer and had problems lately ( it took 3 modems until I got one that worked properly) he would increase the speed of our internet.

Did not realise it meant cancelling old plan and geting put on a new one with all those billing implications  until I got notification that my requested new plan was now in effect.

Problem 1 - new plan was from 29/5 and we did not get a service until 2/6.  I spent over 2 hours on livechat, being transferred to at least 4 different persons who all needed ID verification and had no access to previous chats so had to explain my 3 problems over and over.

They said they would send request to accounts for compensation. On 9/6 I received a text message saying that 4 days credit was applied but phone not included.  My account showed an invoice raised on 5/6 for those 4 days for grand total of $0.

Problem 2 - phone add on of $10 had been paid on 5/5 for period 12/5 to 11/6.

Due to new plan I was direct debited another $10 phone add on for 29/5 to 28/6.

So I had been billed twice for phone add on for 29/5 to 11/6 - notwithstanding i had no phone from 29/5 to 2/6 as well.

Problem 3 - I had requested phone usage details as they had disappeared from my account when new plan started. I was told they were "gone". I was querying my phone balance as it seemed a bit low. I finally got someone to say on chat they would be emailed to me but this did not happen.

I rang  (finally able to speak to someone and not live chat) and they had terrible difficulty understanding what my problems were and could not answer anything - in the end they terminated the call as they said they could not hear me ( after we had been chatting for about half an hour.)

What do I need to do to get proper answers?

Booza1965
Level 2

I signed up  two weeks ago for$49.95 per month they immediately took the payment if $69.99 per month. Now two weeks later today... they're trying to get$58.00 out of my account.

I am demanding reimbursement and my account to be fixed immediately otherwise I'm going to Dept of fair trading. It's theft...

There's no way I'm putting money into my account to pay any amount until this is sorted I've tried multiple times to contact TPG by phone and email.

No response.

Not happy. Never had a problem with Telstra or DODO EVER.

😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤

Ahra_G

Hi @Booza1965

We'd like to understand what happened in this instance and get to the bottom of it.

Let us have your Customer ID or username via private message in order for us to assist you accordingly. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

gforcej
Level 3

Meg, 

you need a new phone company, that's what you need to do lol. Hope things worked out eventually.

I've been waiting 2 weeks for a replacement sim card after my phone was stolen. The dude in privacy has been deliberately delaying the process, causing much unnecessary frustration and damage. Now....get this folks - They're saying it'll be another 10 days to send sim card to Melbourne from Sydney! Huh???  Just send it express post and i'll pay.  Can you believe it? This is not normal behaviour tpg. What is going on over there?