TPG Community

Get online support

Connection Keeps Dropping Out and Reconnecting - New Install

SOLVED Go to solution
Will

Hi @markberk1

For some reason, the time when you're experiencing those dropouts don't reflect on our end. I only see one drop which was at 8PM QLD. The NBN diagnostics also showed that the line has been stable for the past 2 days.

What was the status of the modem lights when the dropouts were happening? And did you restart the modem as well?

Regards,

markberk1
Level 5

Hi @Will 

Just had a drop an hour ago - DSL and Internet lights went out, then DSL blinked until connection 3+ minutes later.

Failure        Start              Length
20/03/2019 11:14:11 AM 0:03:39

Last night I was doing other things and didn't take any notice of the lights, assuming they were as before - but I'll check again tonight.

Since the house wires were organised drops have been mostly around 6 - 8pm, traffic time.

Some from last nights logs -

Failure        Start           Length
19/03/2019 7:43:25 PM 0:01:07
19/03/2019 8:00:22 PM 0:03:33

Will update later tonight.

Will

Hi @markberk1

The drop you encountered at 11:41 AM QLD was due to the Port reset performed by your Case Engineer. If I'm not mistaken, she sent you an SMS as well advising you of the step she made.

Anyhow, as I mentioned earlier, observe the lights on the modem during the evenings since the dropouts you mentioned that happened last night is not reflected on our end. The possible trouble you may be encountering at this stage could be a local network issue (possibly WIFI dropouts).

Regards,

markberk1
Level 5

Hi @Will 

Yes, I heard from TPG Eng. They always keep me updated, and do what they can within protocols - couldn't ask for more.

Tonight five significant drop outs -

Failure        Start            Length
20/03/2019 7:29:53 PM 0:20:52 -

connection failed at 7.30pm and it was 3 min before DSL light started blinking. At around 6 min it stopped blinking but still no connection at 14 min. Rebooted at 14 min into drop out and reconnected at around 21 min.

20/03/2019 8:16:56 PM 0:02:59
20/03/2019 8:42:40 PM 0:03:12

20/03/2019 8:50:13 PM 0:03:09
20/03/2019 8:54:00 PM 0:03:00

It may be nothing but those four drop outs above are all around 3 minutes. I wouldn't expect that from 'random'.

Will

Hi @markberk1

Thanks for the additional information.

I can see though that our Engineering Team has raised this back to NBNCo. You will be notified once we have secured an NBN technician appointment.

Regards,

markberk1
Level 5

Hi @Will 

Correct, and another two drop outs today. Again both at 3 minutes long. Curious that ...

Will update later if there's drop outs to report.

Will

Thanks @markberk1 for keeping us in the loop.

Let's see how it goes once an NBN technician revisits your premises.

markberk1
Level 5

Hi @Will 

In the last 4 days I had around 40 connection drop outs, the majority for around 3 minutes duration.

NBN tech came today, on time as usual. He changed the port at the node (in the process of elimination) and went away, said if drop outs continue and he got the job he would change the line between house and node - if I understood right.

20 minutes after he left the connection dropped out again for 3 min and 4 sec. I TXT'd him but he may not be able to just come back.

Back to NBN?

Will

Hi @markberk1

NBNCo has tagged the ticket as resolved citing that the tech repaired a network cable. I can see that the modem has been connected for at least 40 minutes on our end. Checking the notes from our Engineering Team, the assigned Engineer mentioned that she'll monitor the connection until tomorrow to have a sufficient data for us to know how to move forward. It seems like she already sent you an SMS on what will be our game plan.

Regards,

markberk1
Level 5

Hi @Will 

NBN tech actually said he changed the port.

Since he left there's been two drop outs so far ...

25/03/2019 2:46:15 PM 0:03:04

and
25/03/2019 4:03:14 PM 0:03:00

I will update later tonight or tomorrow mornng.

Yes indeed, TPG tech Chris is on the ball with updates. Much appreciated.