TPG Community

Get online support

Consistent decrease in speed

doringsimpson
Level 2

I have a couple of questions:

Account details: NBN Cable Broadband XXL Bundle Superfast
Modem: TP-Link Archer VR1600v Ver 2.o

1: Since March my average wifi speed has gone from DOWNLOAD 61.5 Mbps to 41.6 Mbps at all times of the day. This now means I have issues with Zoom all the time etc. What can I do about this?

2: What would be the best plan to move to if I wish to cancel the home phone, and have the best possible home Internet speed?

1 REPLY 1
BasilDV

Hi @doringsimpson

Thanks for raising this with us.

We've tested the line and was not able to detect any fault within the NBN network.

The modem/router also shows that it is getting a good connection speed from the NBN server.

Since you are using a WiFi connection, signal interference may be causing the issue.

We've created some articles that may help you improve your home WiFi network and troubleshoot the slow speed.

Since you are under the bundled NBN phone and internet service, cancelling the phone service will cancel the internet service as well.

If you really don't want the phone service, then you may request to cancel the bundled NBN plan and get our Data only NBN plan.

Check it here: https://www.tpg.com.au/nbn. Since you are under the NBN HFC technology, you may get the NBN Home Superfast and Ultrafast plan,

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV