TPG Community

Get online support

Constant drop-outs

kevstead
Level 2

We have been experiencing muliple drop-out in our internet for the last few months wher the service is cut for a few seconds, slowing the speed and throwing us out of games resulting in serious interuption to the gaming experiance. The situation at the moment is bad enough to make it almost impossible to get involved in a game.

We need help!

46 REPLIES 46
BasilDV

Help is here, @kevstead 

What troubleshooting have you tried so far?

Are you connected via WiFi or Wired connection?

How many devices are connected at the same time? Does the connection drop on all of them or only a few?

BasilDV

kevstead
Level 2

We have not done any troubleshooting so far because we don't know where to start. We have managed after a long delay, to speak to a person who was able to say that NBN Co are having an issue at a site in our area, whatever that means. 

We have two desktop computers connected by cable to the modem, and several smaller devices connected via WiFi.

It's difficult to tell if the drop-outs are happening over several devices because they only drop for a few seconds. If I am doing a web search this is not a big issue, but for my son who may be gaming or on a work conference, it is a big problem.

BasilDV

We'd like to have a better understanding of the case and explain it further as we can.

Just send us a private message with your account details.

BasilDV

houkin12
Level 2
Now wished I had checked all this posts about TPG constant drop outs and be warned before signing up. New customer here, and have experienced 3 - 4 dropouts each week (between 2mins to 10 hours).
I was a long time customer w Exetel for 15 years and never experienced any of such issues.

Unable to lodge fault via app properly, as unresolved previous faults don't get updated (another useless function).

Was sent an incorrect modem, and was advised a replacement was organised but still nothing.
Waiting for NBN fibre upgrade appointment but still no contact. Now hearing that some customers here are experiencing worse disconnections after Fibre Upgrade.

I am a Exetel reseller that recommends services to my clients which I was going to refer. Now, I am not so sure. Hugely disappointed.
alanguide
Level 7

@houkin12 wrote:

...Now hearing that some customers here are experiencing worse disconnections after Fibre Upgrade.

My free upgrade from FTTN to FTTP went well.  After initial delay (a day or two) getting the VOIP working I am more than satisfied. No more dodgy 'last mile' copper joints!

imcowell
Level 2

From my investigations using ping and nslookup commands, TPG is under a DNS Denial of Service attack.

For example:

nslookup www.abc.net.au

will give a request timed out reponse.

That cmd uses the default TPG DNS server 203.12.160.35

Using nslookup www.abc.net.au 203.12.160.36 gives the same timeout reponse.

But if I use the dns.google public DNS server, as in

nslookup www.abc.net.au 8.8.8.8

or

nslookup www.abc.net.au 8.8.4.4

It gives the correct response.

So I changed the primary DNS server parameter in my V220-G2v modem to 8.8.8.8

and I get a stable connection to the internet.

tsudibyo
Level 3
I was having same experience too in last 2-3 months, till couple days ago completely internet off-line. Able to lodged fault through apps but still unresolved till today. A 24x7 technical support is an extremely hard to contact. I am thinking to switch to other provider
BasilDV

Hi @tsudibyo 

We'd like to check on the status of your case and see how can we help.

Just send us a private message with your account details.

BasilDV

tsudibyo
Level 3
Sounds another auto email reply for me. Same as auto answering machine set up for a 24x7 technical support. Check lodged number #13234680