TPG Community

Get online support

Constant error when web browsing

SOLVED Go to solution
zarbicore
Level 2

Hi All

I recently got TPG NBN (HFC) and to be quite honest it has been quite frustrating. 

I use a laptop which is directly connected to the modem and I constantly get this error. It happens on many different websites, I even had it when trying to get to tpg.com.au to post this message. 

This site can’t be reachedwww.netflix.com’s server IP address could not be found.
Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

It always flashes up, then it is like my browser (chrome) auto refreshes and then the site works. So I am not sure if this is actually a TPG problem or not, but it is worth noting I came from Optus DSL and I never ever once had this issue on the same laptop (however I was using a different router then and was connected wirelessly). 

My other issue is drop outs which I actually think is related to the above error. I can't seem to replicate it right now, but initially when I was trying to figure out what was happening I would ping -t www.google.com.au and it would always ping a while then time out for 5 or so pings before working again. 

I rang up and they told me to reset my entire modem which I did, and then last night my internet went down at like 10pm and did not work until around 730 this morning. At 1030pm I even unplugged the NBN box and router for 30s and it did not fix anything. NBN box had all lights on solid, whilst routers internet light was off. 

Any assistance appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
zarbicore
Level 2

I did not notice any maintenence but I I don't think the drop out issue is happening anymore. So I guess they fixed the glitch, yay. 

FYI I realised what the other error was, it was because I changed from Optus to TPG and I had Optus DNS settings still in my network adapter. Dumb old me. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
zarbicore
Level 2

Wow I was kinda hoping for a reply of some description by now 

BasilDV

Welcome to the Community @zarbicore

For customers experiencing any issues with their NBN service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage on the NBN network.

We have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage

If there are no known outages in your area, customers can proceed with the troubleshooting steps indicated on this link : https://www.tpg.com.au/support/nbn

One of the most common errors in Google Chrome is the dns_probe_finished_nxdomain or DNS Probe Finished NXDomain. The error simply prevents your browser from establishing a connection with the website. You may try to clear the cache and cookies in your browser. You may also try using a different browser.

You may also check the troubleshooting in this article : Troubleshooting Browsing Issues on Specific Webpages

The service was disconnected before due to a network incident caused by a local power outage that is impacting some HFC end users in the North Parramatta, NSW area. Which was resolved after the third party fixed the fault.

Feel free to search Community for help with your issue, or contact us and we'd be glad to assist you.

BasilDV

zarbicore
Level 2

Are you legit? Did you even read my post?

My post is not about an outage, why am I getting constant errors when visiting sites? Do you work for TPG? Absolutely useless. 

Shane

Hi @zarbicore,

There is an ongoing planned maintenance in your area and we're able to confirm that the dropouts you experience is part of it. The maintenance is scheduled until tomorrow, 26/02/2020 18:00 AEDT.

Updates will be provided by our Technical Team when it becomes available via SMS. Let us know if you will still experience the same issue after the 26th so we can have one of our Technicians contact you for further investigation.

Regards,

zarbicore
Level 2

I did not notice any maintenence but I I don't think the drop out issue is happening anymore. So I guess they fixed the glitch, yay. 

FYI I realised what the other error was, it was because I changed from Optus to TPG and I had Optus DNS settings still in my network adapter. Dumb old me.