TPG Community

Get online support

Constant intermittent glitches.

iq455
Level 4

Got 2 DC's in the past 2hrs, which reconnected themselves with the monitor on. The error while this happens is 80002.

iq455
Level 4

I figured ou twhy Im getting fully disconnected now. It was after a reset 3 days ago. Before it was just glitches, now its constant DC's and glitches. I believe my firmware was updated and broke my router after a reset. Can I get a rollback to test it?

iq455
Level 4

Also, I just noticed, tpg.com.au's website is ultra slow or doesn't even work sometimes when everything else I do is normal and working...

iq455
Level 4

@david64 wrote:

@iq455 . 

Re glitches, are ethernet and wifi devices affected? 

Do a tracert to TPG. Second address is the router's default gateway (a "10" address). Leave a command window open with a ping command for this address. When you get a glitch, execute the ping command. Compare the glitch response time with a good response time. If you get a disconnect, the default gateway address and router's WAN ip address both change.

There is no response time, it just says request timed out. Packets: Sent = 4, Lost= 4 (100% loss)
When theres no problem the response times are 8-12ms for pinging tpg.

The glitches have turned into DC's now after I reset the router a few days ago. So not sure if I can do those tests without getting request timed out.

I ordered a new router today to see if tpg bricked my router with an updated firmware because they won't respond to me about updating or rolling back my firmware.
david64
Level 15

@iq455 . TPG won't roll back the firmware. I was wrong earlier when I said the FTTC box was warm after you said you are HFC. I don't know about the HFC box.

Where does the error 80002 show up during disconnection?

Another thing to try. In router admin, Advanced, Network, EWAN. In the Advanced drop-down menu, set Echo Request Interval to 8. When you get a glitch, see if any of the router lights change.

Are you able to get the full system log after recovery when the traffic monitor is running? Save it on your computer, then copy and paste the section from just before disconnection to end of recovery back here.

You may need to open a new thread because a moderator may not look at this because it is a few days old.

Symptoms: Disconnection causing router to crash; has to be turned off/on to recover.  "Glitches" dropouts lasting several seconds which recover themselves.

Your router has the latest firmware.

TPG is recording dropouts from their end. Your router is doing the same going by your picture of the system log.

It doesn't matter whether you have the domain name or not on your username.

Disconnect happens when router warms up but also when it is being cooled by the fan. When it happens, the router crashes because you can't ping its lan ip address. And you can't login to the router admin. Having the traffic monitor running seems to stop the router from crashing. 

When glitch happens, you can't ping the router's default gateway. Points to something in the HFC network.

Or a faulty HFC box.

iq455
Level 4

@david64 wrote:

@iq455 . TPG won't roll back the firmware. I was wrong earlier when I said the FTTC box was warm after you said you are HFC. I don't know about the HFC box.

Thanks, David!

The error shows on the router page. Doesnt matter what page, it will display it when in the process of a DC, It's wierd, the DC is slow, like, 1 thing will go down for 20 seconds, then another site, then discord, or telegram, then netflix, then finally, the network adapter will show the yellow triangle and then everythings dead. When I look at the router page, w/e page it is on, that error code and box will be there. Then about a minute later, the connection comes back again. Also I've noticed, if nothing is running, the connection can stay up for a good while, As soon as we watch youtube or netflix, BOOM, it's dead.

@david64 wrote:

Another thing to try. In router admin, Advanced, Network, EWAN. In the Advanced drop-down menu, set Echo Request Interval to 8. When you get a glitch, see if any of the router lights change.

Are you able to get the full system log after recovery when the traffic monitor is running? Save it on your computer, then copy and paste the section from just before disconnection to end of recovery back here.

You may need to open a new thread because a moderator may not look at this because it is a few days old.

Symptoms: Disconnection causing router to crash; has to be turned off/on to recover.  "Glitches" dropouts lasting several seconds which recover themselves.

Your router has the latest firmware.

TPG is recording dropouts from their end. Your router is doing the same going by your picture of the system log.

It doesn't matter whether you have the domain name or not on your username.

Disconnect happens when router warms up but also when it is being cooled by the fan. When it happens, the router crashes because you can't ping its lan ip address. And you can't login to the router admin. Having the traffic monitor running seems to stop the router from crashing. 

When glitch happens, you can't ping the router's default gateway. Points to something in the HFC network.

Or a faulty HFC box.

About the log, it's got mac addresses and IPs in ther that are private ones, can I leave those out? I know it's got a bunch of crap in there about VOIP, which I don't use..Almost like a DDoS of VOIP entries..

Im getting my new test router today, Ill see what happens with that. Also, the NBNcos Box, gets a little warm, never too hot though.

Thanks for al  your help, I appreciate it a lot! Smiley Wink ty

david64
Level 15

@iq455 . In the log, you can X-out the mac addresses. The 192 ip addresses are local to your LAN and don't mean anything outside. X-out your username, your WAN ip address and default gateway address (multiple occurrences). The dns addresses are the same for everyone. Leave the VOIP messages in.

What speed plan are you on?

Is this new router bought online or a replacement from TPG?

iq455
Level 4

@david64 wrote:

@iq455 . In the log, you can X-out the mac addresses. The 192 ip addresses are local to your LAN and don't mean anything outside. X-out your username, your WAN ip address and default gateway address (multiple occurrences). The dns addresses are the same for everyone. Leave the VOIP messages in.

What speed plan are you on?

Is this new router bought online or a replacement from TPG?

I cleared my log, will give you the updates if I DC again.

So far, after changing the echo to 8 its been stable.

Im on 100/40 HFC. Never had a glitch since I been on this plan until the DDoS around August which affected everyone in the country I think. That's when me and many of my friends on TPG have been having these glitches that hasn't stopped..

Test router from my local store.

Shane

Hi @iq455,

The dropout is not caused by the modem/router's firmware, send me a private message with your best contact number and preferred time tomorrow. I will arrange one of our Technicians to contact you for further test and investigation.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

I figured ou twhy Im getting fully disconnected now. It was after a reset 3 days ago. Before it was just glitches, now its constant DC's and glitches. I believe my firmware was updated and broke my router after a reset. Can I get a rollback to test it?

iq455
Level 4

@david64 wrote:

I posted the log but it got deleted I think.