TPG Community

Get online support

Constant intermittent glitches.

david64
Level 15

@iq455 . Starting at 16:19:50 is a loss of signal at the router (pull out cable between router and NBN box, or between NBN box and wall socket, or within network). When signal returns, router logs in to TPG (PAP) and gets new WAN ip address (IPCP).

The point of changing Echo Request Interval was to make the router more responsive to loss of contact with the other end, ie. not wait as long to detect an error. Too short, it may treat short breaks as errors. Too long, it waits an unnecessarily long time to recover. If it is set to 60 seconds, your internet activity might stall but the router wouldn't go through the reconnection process; your WAN ip address would stay the same.

Is this an example of a "glitch" that recovers by itself, or a disconnection that recovers because the traffic monitor is running?

One case reported on the internet was caused by a loose joint in a lead-in cable which was being blown by the wind.

iq455
Level 4

@david64 wrote:

@iq455 . Starting at 16:19:50 is a loss of signal at the router (pull out cable between router and NBN box, or between NBN box and wall socket, or within network). When signal returns, router logs in to TPG (PAP) and gets new WAN ip address (IPCP).

Okay, I did that and got a new WAN IP.

Is this an example of a "glitch" that recovers by itself, or a disconnection that recovers because the traffic monitor is running?

Yes this was a glitch that recovered on it's own.

I've only had one full DC in 24hrs, in which I had to restart the router. My new router is here today, if I get another glitch after doing what you said above , I'll try the test router.

Thanks again, David \o

iq455
Level 4

Just observed, since last post, it glitched, and on the modem the internet light went out, about 1 minute later, it came back on.

david64
Level 15

@iq455 . I expect having the Internet light go off is due to shorter Echo Request Interval. Router doesn't wait as long as before to indicate internet down. Getting a new WAN ip may be bad for all your sessions. Putting it back to 30 should mean the WAN ip will stay the same unless the outage is more than 30 seconds.

HFC shouldn't even have breaks as long as 8 seconds.

iq455
Level 4

Internet was fine for over 12hrs yesterday with the TPG provided modem...Not a single glitch..Amazing how that happened? lol...Then around 8pm started glitching again every 10/30mins/1hr etc. So I tried my new test router, wouldnt even let me connect to the interrnet at all. Kept saying "No response from the remote server. Please check whether your computer can access the internet directly using your Modem. If no, contact your ISP for help."

It's the cheapest Tenda AC10u AC1200. Will return it and get a different one.

iq455
Level 4

k, so yesterday, for some reason again, my net didn't drop once for over 12hrs after I whitelisted all my devices....until maintenence this morning around 8:30am. So the NBN went down for 5ish hours and it came back up right now, but at half speed. Is my street congested or will thi sbe fixed sometime? My nets never run under 100Mbit around the clock.

Ahra_G

Hi @iq455

A local power supplier has advised nbn of a planned electricity interruption that has affected the nbn network yesterday, 03 November 2021.

Due to the planned interruption, nbn customers may have experienced a loss of service to their phone/internet service for the duration of the outage window.

Nonetheless, remote test showed that your internet is now working. 

Should you require further assistance, you may reach out to us again or you may check out our self-help options located here: http://tpg.com.au/support

To help manage your TPG services on the go, you may download our TPG Mobile App on this link: tpg.com.au/services/tpg-app 

Regards,

Ahra_G

iq455
Level 4

As detailed in my latest reply, I know it works and I knew about the maintnence.

Now I need my speed back to 100Mb because that's what I pay for. Shane fixed it for me last time this happend, now it'd be great if you did that again.

Thanks

Shane

Hi @iq455

I refresh the connection of the modem/router to our network, please re-run another speed test in the event that issue still persist send me your best contact number and preferred time.  I will arrange one of our Technicians for further test and investigation.

Regards,

As detailed in my latest reply, I know it works and I knew about the maintnence.

Now I need my speed back to 100Mb because that's what I pay for. Shane fixed it for me last time this happend, now it'd be great if you did that again.

Thanks

iq455
Level 4

Thanks Shane!

I was getting constant Disconnects since yesterday after a day of no drop outs or glitches after NBN maintenance. And my speed went down 5-ish Mbit since speed test yesterday.