TPG Community

Get online support

D-Link DIR-X5460 can't connect to TPG

SOLVED Go to solution
jhaihong69
Level 2

I bought D-Link DIR-X5460 as TPG sales woman suggested, because I choose TPG ultra fast plan. They said that this Ultra fast plan must have a route like D-Link DIR-X5460. costed me about $400

The thing is that D-Link DIR-X5460  doesn't work with TPG, with my TPG user name and password.

I felt silly working with TPG these two days, TPG doesn't have a clear guide for a new user. and all customer support are not helpful. 

jhaihong69
Level 2

Today a TPG technial staff called Guer is very help. He guided me to disable VLAN under 192.168.0.1 -> Settings -> VLAN -> Triple play disabled.

Now Imy D-Link DIR-X5460 is connected to Internet.

Thanks Guer!

Shane

Yay! Glad to know that the Link DIR-X5460 is now connected to your TPG network. Let us know should you require further assistance, cheers!

Today a TPG technial staff called Guer is very help. He guided me to disable VLAN under 192.168.0.1 -> Settings -> VLAN -> Triple play disabled.

Now Imy D-Link DIR-X5460 is connected to Internet.

Thanks Guer!

rlipka04
Level 2

@rklugton wrote:

So I purchased this router a week ago (same reason as everyone else - upgraded to ultrafast and looked at recommended routers on the TPG site).

I was having the same issues, called TPG but they just did the same troubleshooting as I.

I then logged a ticket with D-LInk.  Took a few goes but we have finally worked out the issue - seems something is not quite right with the TPG option either in the wizard or in the manual settings.

So this is what worked in the end:

- Settings>Intenet>VLAN   change ISP to OThers (not TPG). Save. (make sure you wait for the timer to confirmed that change has been saved)

Then on the same tab once the above is saved disable Triple play press save again.

It took a good 5 minutes to connect after this, but it finally did connect.

The guy at D-Link said he is going to lodge an internal ticket with their tech team to make an adjustment to the TPG wizard as there is obviously something not configured properly with that ISP setting.

Hopefully they will fix it in a firmware update & stop causing pain to TPG customers.

Hope that helps for others!  I almost thought I would have to return this nice looking router!

Can you please share ALL your settings EVERYWHERE? Including under IPV6, etc. Thanks.

rklugton
Level 2

IPV6 config attached.

The key is to press save after each step.  And it takes a good 5-10mins to connect after you change it to "Others" instead of "TPG".  I also suggest completely powering off after you have done all the steps if it doesn't connect after 5mins.   We had a power outage the other day and it didn't re-connect straight away.
I went through all the steps above again and then it re-connected.

markm3977
Level 2
So I have been using the xv5460 for 2 years plus.

Seems to work wellc

Had a issue about 1 year ago and was able to get it fixed

Today woke up and found it totally not able to connect

I have reset everything been on phone for 4 hours with no luck

I have no idea what’s going on.

When selecting “others” it says my user and pass is wrong but it allows me to log into the tpg site with the same details