TPG Community

Get online support

DIR X5460 not connecting to TPG internet

nelsonyap89
Level 2

I recently bought a D-Link DIR-X5460 for an upgrade for my netcomm router but I couldn't connect to the internet somehow. The setting is the same with the old router and the password and username are all the same.

I've tried to set the VLAN ID =2 as recommended in some thread but it is still not connecting to the internet.

Please Help!!!

6 REPLIES 6
BasilDV

Hi @nelsonyap89 

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and learned that you are under the NBN FTTP technology.

You only need to make sure that your device is set as a router only and the connection type should be PPPoE. There's no need to set the VLAN ID to 2 as it is only for FTTN/FTTB/HFC/FTTC technology.

You may also refer here.

BasilDV

nelsonyap89
Level 2
Hi Basil, for some reason my router is not connecting to the tpg ISP. Could you please check remotely if there is anything you can do? The old nf12 router is still working though. TPG should not recommend the dir x5460 as well on your website if it's not been tested. This is very dissapointing
BasilDV

Hi @nelsonyap89

All routers that are NBN Compatible should work with our NBN service as long as you've entered the correct configuration.

Have you contacted the D-Link support? What information have they provided you?

BasilDV

Deccas
Level 3

I am having exactly the same issue and have a lengthy thread showing all the things I've tried to no avail.  See here: https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/D-Link-DIR-X5460-can-t-connect-to-TPG/m-p/88649

I have just lodged a ticket with D-Link to see what they say.

I have had it connect randomly twice after messing around with some settings but it is not repeatable after a power cycle.

Omaroo3029
Level 2
I’m still trying figure out how to connect with this router. I’ve got this router working for the past 2 years until recently have connection issue just like everyone else in this forum who has this device. What I have not tried is asking TPG to release/clear MAC address from their end.
Ahra_G

Hi @Omaroo3029

We'd be happy to check on this for you. Let us have your TPG details via PM and we'll go from there.

Thanks! 

Ahra_G