TPG Community

Get online support

Delays on some NBN installation and fault appointments - May 2021

emguilherme
Level 3
  • Saturday29 May 20211:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Riezl

Hi @emguilherme, we have already rescheduled the appointment from Monday, 07 June 2021, 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM to Saturday, 29 May 2021, 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM. 

Sloukes
Level 2

@BasilDV wrote:

Hi @Sloukes 

Thanks for raising this with us and we apologise for the inconvenience.

We were able to locate your account using your community details and understand that you've been in touch with our NBN Provsioning team.

There's no update from the NBN technician that was booked to visit the site and a follow up was raised to NBN Co.

A case manager is monitoring the case and will be in touch with you as soon as an update becomes available.

BasilDV

Thanks Basil, after no shows for the first two appointments, the NBN technician visited yesterday morning. However I'm still waiting for activation (from the TPG end I'm assuming) - I rang last night and was told within 4-5 hours it would be activated. Can i get an update? 

Hillbilly88
Level 2
My internet drops out every time a storm comes the NBN box stops working and a red blinking light starts flashing also when the light flashes the NBN box makes a clicking noise me and my kids have to listen to this noise until the NBN technician comes to swap the box, I have four kids at home that use the internet everyday for gaming and streaming tv/movies this is unacceptable of NBN to make customers wait prolonged periods of time for a 5 - 10 minute job also we the customer are not compensated for the days that our internet is not currently working, the saddest part is all of this is beyond TPG’s control I really like TPG as they go to great lengths to help customers!!!
itlessonedu
Level 2

Finally, it creates a baseline for assessing destiny mastering. It indicates each the instructor and the scholars what is understood earlier than guidance has occurred. Thus, it units a baseline on a subject matter. As the scholars pass thru guidance, they could see what they may be or are not mastering, and the instructor can offer remediation or enrichment as needed.

itlessoneducation
Ahra_G

Hi @Sloukes

Recent update showed that the appointment today has been completed. 

Kindly await for the Case Manager to contact you tomorrow, 03 June 2021.

Regards,

Ahra_G

Ahra_G

Hi @Hillbilly88

There are different types of dropouts that you may experience:

1. Network dropouts, this dropout is caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.

2. Wireless dropouts, this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.

3. Dropouts caused by ongoing outage in your area. 

In the event that you experience dropouts via Wireless/Wi-Fi connection, we recommend having a read on the following articles:

• Troubleshooting a Slow Internet Connection

• Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

• Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it

If the issue persists, please provide us with your Customer ID or username via private message in order for us to assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Ahra_G

Hillbilly88
Level 2
The problem is with the NBN NCD this is the third time this has happened in roughly 8 months, the problem is widely known among the NBN technicians it is a design flaw that could easily be fixed I spoke with a technician about the problem who was able to tell me that 60+ people in my town alone had the same problem after a storm. My point is this is a known issue that is easily rectified by a 5 - 10 minute call out and having to wait up to a week for the problem to be solved is ridiculous. If NBN won’t solve the problem at the source then at least make the call out an urgent priority that is resolved within two days at most.
Ahra_G

Hi @Hillbilly88

I've managed to locate an account using your Community details and if this account does match with your TPG account, it showed that the issue is now raised to our Engineering Team for further investigation. 

We realised that the service is currently not working however, please ensure to leave the modem connected and turned on for remote testing purposes. 

Updates will be provided via phone call or SMS. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

JI
Level 2
Level 2

The technician turned up and left without doing anything, last night I was told that the technician said that I cancelled the booking, which is not true. I still have no internet or follow up booking confirmation. Its getting urgent, how do I escalate this?