TPG Community

Get online support

Delays on some NBN installation and fault appointments - May 2021

mcraigie8
Level 2
We have just moved apartments, and prior to the move TPG advised me a technician was coming last Saturday. No technician ever arrived. When I called up I was told that a technician had never been booked.

I was then informed that it would be 1 month before an NBN technician could be arranged to assess a line issue.

My partner and I have been working from home now for over a year (due to the pandemic). We were promised a connection last Saturday. A lack of internet connection during the pandemic is putting our livelihoods on the line.

Apparently our issue has been tagged as high priority, but several days after that I am yet to receive an update.

We need this situation to be resolved as soon as possible. I’m about to contact the telecommunications ombudsman if I don’t receive a reasonable response shortly. I suggest anyone else affected by this issue consider contacting the ombudsman.

I understand that TPG are being held up by the NBN company, but that does not explain why I was misled about the initial technician booking.

What is TPG doing to rectify this situation? Are you able to provide alternative connection options? Compensation? Daily updates as the situation unfolds?

The NBN company notice is basically useless.

“During the implementation of a new workforce scheduling program we’ve encountered some unexpected challenges, which we are currently working through”

What challenges? How are they working through them? When will they be resolved?
Ahra_G

Hi @mcraigie8

Please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address in order for us to assist you accordingly. 

To send a PM please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Ahra_G

Gaz57
Level 2
With Covid still being an issue and many people still working from home, this is costing people time and money.
Despite the platitudes, we have used half of our monthly mobile data in two days and we will probably have to buy more data to survive. On top of that, the service regularly drops out, slows down and is unreliable.
Are you able to provide a reliable fast service? (Which is what I pay for!)
Riezl

Hi @Gaz57, we are sorry to know that you are having issues with the service and we apologise for the inconvenience this is causing you. Please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account and help get to the bottom of this.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Gaz57
Level 2
If you are going to repeatedly send me the same message referring to this blog, (three times today), you could at least correct the English in it. "Were" is not the same as "we're" and in business communication you should not use truncations anyway.
nasx281181
Level 2
This is a fcking joke. My installation has been put off since march; not since May. I am frustrated at thr lack of communication from TPG.
Technicians miss appointments without informing.
TPG Continues to Bill my card without providing any service. I have approached the TIO and asked for my contract to be cancelled and TPG refund me the monies they have been charging me. Thinking of going to VCAT to recover costs.
Riezl

Apologies for that, @Gaz57. In order for us to assist with your concern, you need to provide us your account details through private message. We will wait for your PM.

Riezl

Hi @nasx281181, we'd like to escalate your concern to our Complaints Resolution Team. We have located an account using your community details, but we'd like to make sure that we will be working on the right one. 

Kindly PM us your TPG customer ID, username and complete address. Thank you.

garoser
Level 2

I am now waiting on an NBN Co. technician for the fourth time. Countless promised callbacks have not materialised. Today I have been waiting 8 hours. 

WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO GET REASONABLE CUSTOMER SERVICE?

The diary so far

• 26 April 2021 TPG technician appointment between 1PM and 5PM. NO SHO
  • 29 April 2021 appointment between 1PM and 5PM. TPG Technician attends and assigns problems to NBN Co. equipment or wiring.
  • 5 May 2021 appointment between 8AM and 12 midday. NO SHOW
  • 10 May 2012 appointment between 8AM and 12 midday. NO SHOW
  • 11 May 2012 appointment between 1PM and 5PM. NO SHOW
  • 14 May 2021 appointment between 8AM and 12 midday. NO SHOW. Told to just keep waiting. Promised a callback at 4PM and that time has now passed.  I

I cannot continue to take days to wait. It is so disrepectful to not even call me.