TPG Community

Get online support

Delays on some NBN installation and fault appointments - May 2021

Shane

Hi @JI,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for raising this to us, we'd love to help see the status and progress of the NBN installation, please shoot me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

The technician turned up and left without doing anything, last night I was told that the technician said that I cancelled the booking, which is not true. I still have no internet or follow up booking confirmation. Its getting urgent, how do I escalate this? 

Rory
Level 2
It’s not even that there’s a delay in getting an appointment, you told the technician not to come to my house the day he was scheduled because it looked like my internet was working on your end. I wasn’t even notified. If you called me and asked if the internet was working I would have said no, and the technician could have solved the problem by now.
My internet went down for 7.5 weeks at the start of the year, and two weeks now, I am paying $90 a month for this service, my work and study is being impacted, why have I had no compensation? Get your act together, I stayed loyal after that huge issue at the start of the year, and you cancel the technician the day he was meant to arrive without consulting me. I am seriously considering changing providers as there is just no communication, let me be clear that I am not thinking of changing providers because of a delay in getting a tech visit, but because there’s no communication.
If you value your customers, you will compensate them for the service they are paying for and not receiving, you will make sure that technicians are resolving issues where internet has been down for the longest, and you will communicate with your customers if you decide to resolve their tickets without a tech visit or if the technician isn’t arriving at all. All of these points I have raised I think all of your customers will agree on
Shane

Hi @Rory,

We apologise for the inconvenience, we'd like to take this opportunity to turn around your experience and get to the bottom of this. To better understand the status of the service and progress of escalated fault, please shoot me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

Regards,

It’s not even that there’s a delay in getting an appointment, you told the technician not to come to my house the day he was scheduled because it looked like my internet was working on your end. I wasn’t even notified. If you called me and asked if the internet was working I would have said no, and the technician could have solved the problem by now.
My internet went down for 7.5 weeks at the start of the year, and two weeks now, I am paying $90 a month for this service, my work and study is being impacted, why have I had no compensation? Get your act together, I stayed loyal after that huge issue at the start of the year, and you cancel the technician the day he was meant to arrive without consulting me. I am seriously considering changing providers as there is just no communication, let me be clear that I am not thinking of changing providers because of a delay in getting a tech visit, but because there’s no communication.
If you value your customers, you will compensate them for the service they are paying for and not receiving, you will make sure that technicians are resolving issues where internet has been down for the longest, and you will communicate with your customers if you decide to resolve their tickets without a tech visit or if the technician isn’t arriving at all. All of these points I have raised I think all of your customers will agree on
hadi0709
Level 2

About 3 weeks ago, I had phoned up TPG to install an NBN service for my new house, I paid $370 dollars for the installation including the modem as well as the $70 monthly bill.

It was looking good as I received my modem within a week but still no information on an appointment for a technician to install the NBN in my house.
When I spoke to them the first time around they had said installation will all happen within a weeks time of the first call.

My family consists of 5 people with 2 children In high school and one in primary as well as a wife so internet is extremely imperative as they have school work and I have my own work that I have to do in which as a result of no information on an appointment date we have been forced to use mobile data which is just significantly expensive.

Please someone help me as we need an appointment scheduled soon as this is getting out of hand. Ive contact TPG support several times and they have given me no information on the installation date. My customer username is xxxxx.

Thankyou

Shane

H

Thanks for raising this to us, we're able to locate the account using the given details and I can confirmed that we the application commenced 29th of June, Installation of NBN service generally takes less than 10 business days but can take longer in some cases, depending on the demand of NBN services in your area and the availability of the NBN technician to perform the installation.

I noticed that one of our Provisioning Case Manager contacted you to provide an update but no avail. Our Provisioning Team raised this to NBNCo. and currently awaiting for updates, you may track the schedule of the installation here, https://www.tpg.com.au/support/trackmyorder.

Updates will be provided via SMS or Phone call when it becomes available. If you wish to speak with our Provisioning Team, shoot me a private message with your best contact number and preferred time.

Regards,

About 3 weeks ago, I had phoned up TPG to install an NBN service for my new house, I paid $370 dollars for the installation including the modem as well as the $70 monthly bill.

It was looking good as I received my modem within a week but still no information on an appointment for a technician to install the NBN in my house.
When I spoke to them the first time around they had said installation will all happen within a weeks time of the first call.

My family consists of 5 people with 2 children In high school and one in primary as well as a wife so internet is extremely imperative as they have school work and I have my own work that I have to do in which as a result of no information on an appointment date we have been forced to use mobile data which is just significantly expensive.

Please someone help me as we need an appointment scheduled soon as this is getting out of hand. Ive contact TPG support several times and they have given me no information on the installation date. My customer username is xxxxx.

Thankyou

Level 2
To whom it may concern,
I am supposed to have a confirmed booking today for the technician to check my upgraded plan, i took a leave of absence from Work just for this hassle. And then just recieved a mesage that the appointment is canceled. Not good . You already started billing us the upgraded plan while im not still using it.. Not good guys... make sure to deliver your promise service. Its a blatant betrayal of customer 's trust.
Riezl

Hi @6329926 , we have located an account using your community details, but we'd like to make sure that we got the right one. Please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can verify the details and help with your concern.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

inomakas7766
Level 2
Definitely not happy to wait from today Friday to next available technician Thursday. I work from home every day
Who’s going to pay and support me while I’m not getting paid ? I called customer support since Friday morning and left several msg to call back
You told me within 24 hrs and now you’re sending me a text msg to confirm my next appointment on Thursday? How am I going to survive without pay ?
ex_cal84
Level 2

I'm with the person just above me: I've just been informed that I'll have to be without internet from now until Thursday at the earliest. This is strange as this thread is about faults in MAY 2021, not faults now. Indeed, if you click the supplied from NBN you're sent to the NBN homepage that has no information about delays at all!

The frustrating thing is that all I need is a new NBN box, or (although I'm less sure this is possible) that the other NBN box that I have at this address be reconfigured to work from here. All that's wrong with my setup is the ethernet port from my NBN box to my router. Everything else works.

I don't understand why it will take almost a full week to get my internet working again when this has been a known issue with NBN since May 2021. I need the internet (again like the person just above me) for work, as I run lectures over Zoom for six hours at a time. Without reliable internet (and a hotspot doesn't really do this for me) I will be unable to do my job. 

Puggles
Level 2
We reported a fault yesterday after a week of having NBN (it took over a month to finally get installed). We are once again without internet and the earliest appointment in any until Friday. Please escalate ASAP. People are working from home and we need this fixed!!!