TPG Community

Get online support

Does my nbn connection box work with other premises

Penguinz
Level 2
Hi everyone
I have just bought an nbn connection box from a person on Facebook. It is used but quite new. Then I replace it with my old equipment but it does not seem to work. The lights keep flashing except the power light. I have waited for 30 minutes but it still could not establish the connection.
Can someone show me how to setup please?
5 REPLIES 5
Ahra_G

Hi @Penguinz

If you have switched to a new equipment which is NBN compatible, all you need to make sure is that the TPG PPPoE settings are correct.

You may refer to the below articles for reference:

I've ran remote test and detected that your internet connection is now working. Please let us know should you still require assistance in setting up your new modem.

Regards,

Ahra_G

Penguinz
Level 2

Hi Ahra_G

You found my connection is working because I put my old nbn connection box back. The new one is not working although I did everything you showed me. I think my TPG PPPoE is correct because I use my old modem, I only replace the nbn connection box. The lights keep flashing and can't connect to the internet.

May I ask is there something I have to do to use the new nbn connection box or just plugin?

Thanks

Shane

Hi @Penguinz,

Where did you get the new NTD/NBN box? We do not recommend to change the NBN box due to its unique ID and it will only work on the address where the NBN box is initially installed. 

We'd like to confirm the reason why wish to replace the NTD/NBN box. 

Regards,

Hi Ahra_G

You found my connection is working because I put my old nbn connection box back. The new one is not working although I did everything you showed me. I think my TPG PPPoE is correct because I use my old modem, I only replace the nbn connection box. The lights keep flashing and can't connect to the internet.

May I ask is there something I have to do to use the new nbn connection box or just plugin?

Thanks

Penguinz
Level 2
Hi
I bought it from a person on Facebook, it's only $20 and I would like to replace my old one which sometimes go slow and need to restart, or I can use it as a backup. Is there anyway to use it with my address or just throw away?
Thanks
Ahra_G

Hi @Penguinz

Apologies as we may have not been clear enough on which equipment you were pertaining to. 

Did you intend to replace the main NBN modem which is the ARRIS modem or the TP Link modem? 

Please be advised that the NBN modem (ARRIS) is not to be sold as it NBN CO's property.

For security reasons, the home phone component of your bundle is encrypted and requires the use of our modem to make and receive phone calls. If you do not wish to use the homephone, then you may use a modem/router of your choice that would best suit your internet needs. 

If you are experiencing connection issue using our modem, we can organise a call back to be made from our Technical team for assistance.

Just let us know of your most convenient time to receive a call. 

Regards,

Ahra_G