TPG Community

Get online support

Email Filtering/Missing Emails

Shane

Hi @drbob,

As advised by our postmaster the sender of the email may need to adjust some of the features on their email marketing links so the system will not detect them as a phishing email.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

drbob
Level 6

Can you please advise which features are problematic so that I can forward these details to the sender?

Shane

Hi @drbob,

We inquire this to our Postmaster. We'll provide you an update on this thread when it becomes available. Cheers!

Regards,

drbob
Level 6

Hi,

Is there any update on this issue?

I have recently received a letter via Australia Post from Computershare in which I was advised that they attempted unsuccessfully to contact me via my tpg email.

Can you please get back to me on this asap? Previously there was mention of my asking the sender to change some things to avoid being mis-identified as a "phising attack" but no details were provided.

I would rather receive lots of junk than miss an important email.

Regards,

Robert

Will

Hi @drbob,

I'm sorry to learn that the issue remains to be resolved. You will need to advise the sender that the messages are being detected as phishing emails. This will allow the sender to review the content of their emails and make the necessary adjustments.

Regards,

Will

drbob
Level 6

Hi Will,

Can you please advise what specifically they need to avoid including in their emails? What did the email filter(s) used by the postmaster use to reject the emails?

Regards,

Robert

Will

Hi @drbob,

Our Postmaster checked this further and made some adjustments. Would it be possible to have the sender resend the email to see if you can receive it?

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Will

drbob
Level 6

A couple of weeks ago, I was expecting an email from the ATO to advise me of the outcome  of my income tax submission.  However, while my wife who uses gmail got the email (we filed within a couple of minutes of each other), I never received an email and after a few days I logged in to my.gov.au and indeed, my tax return had been processed and I should have received the email but did not. I fear that tpg is using filters that are misbehaving. For my part I would rather receive tons of junk email rather than miss a single important one. I have reported before on missing time-sensitive and financially important emails but it seems that nothing has changed?

drbob
Level 6

My wife has just sent me an email containing a photo of a page taken with her mobile. In fact, when I told her I had not received it, she re-sent it two more times. Still nothing. Out of desperation I asked her to send it to me to my gmail account and I received it immediately (after looking for my gmail account password - had not used it in a long while).

Please have your postmaster look into this.

drbob
Level 6

I have received one of the email with the photo.