TPG Community

Get online support

Extremely slow adsl2+ speed

hate001
Level 2

This is the 50th time experiencing slow connections with tpg can't even run speedtest due to it saying latency error. Its usually fine but the internet is extremely unstable and would fluctuate and be extremely extremely slow unable to load anything and would buffer for a long time. I thought ADSL speeds were really fast but this is really appauling getting up to 2000 ping, download and upload speeds under 1. The internet is extremely bloody slow and won't load anything and is extremely extremely unstable really hard to load youtube, stream or even gaming way too slow. 

5 REPLIES 5
Vhorlon
Level 4

I can say that you're not alone in your frustrations.

TPG seem to be having some major issues for a while now - and have been aggressively trying to delete any posts here that come close to criticising their services and, in particular, their (mis)handling of customer concerns. I had the run around from them for months before recently dropping them in favour of another provider, and now they are deleting even helpful troubleshooting posts, initially because I criticised their handling of customers who wanted to cancel their services.

Riezl

Hi @hate001,

Welcome to TPG Community!

Please PM us your customer ID, username and address so we can take a look at your account and check what is causing the speed issue.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community - TPG Community

hate001
Level 2

Hello, would it cost more to get upgraded download and upload speeds? 

BasilDV

Hi @hate001,

Since you are under the ADSL2+ service, the internet speed will depend on the quality of the copper wire and the cable length from the nearest exchange/server to your premises. The farther you are from the exchange, the slower ADSL2+ speed.

The upload speed for all ADSL2+ services is up to 1Mbps only.

If you require more Download and Upload speed, then you may consider upgrading to the NBN service. You may check your address if it's available for you on our website. Click here.

We also have a community link which can help you decide on what NBN plan will suit your needs. Check this link.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Vhorlon
Level 4

@BasilDV wrote:

If you require more Download and Upload speed, then you may consider upgrading to the NBN service. You may check your address if it's available for you on our website. Click here.

Yeah, not everyone has this luxury. The NBN rollout has been a joke. Many users simply can't get NBN and won't be able to until some unspecified time in the (probably distant) future. So blindly recommending users to upgrade from a service that they should be getting but aren't - to a service they may not be able to get - is a bit silly, really.