FTTN Performance

SOLVED Go to solution
sformica
Level 2

I have FTTN Internet for the last couple of years and it has never been great, but now seems to be worse.

I am currently seeing the following in the modem:

Upstream Downstream

Current Rate (kbps)37707489
Max Rate (kbps)35918123
SNR Margin (dB)6.87.4
Line Attenuation (dB)60.929.5
Errors (pkts)00

I was hoping that I could get what we are paying for (I was thinking it should be *at least* 12mbit)....

Speed Tests with both speedtest.net and the TPG speed test does not get above 5mbit.

I am using the TPG Supplied modem.

Any help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ahra_G

Hi @sformica

Welcome to the Community! 

NBN technologies such as FTTN and FTTB are affected by the infrastructure limitation of the legacy copper network, thus directly affecting the attainable speeds.

I've managed to locate your account using your Community details and recent updates showed that the issue is now raised to our Engineering Team for further investigation.

Please ensure to leave the modem connected and turned on for remote testing purposes. 

Further updates will be communicated via phone call or SMS. 

Feel free to let us know should you require further assistance.

-Ahra_G

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Ahra_G

Hi @sformica

Welcome to the Community! 

NBN technologies such as FTTN and FTTB are affected by the infrastructure limitation of the legacy copper network, thus directly affecting the attainable speeds.

I've managed to locate your account using your Community details and recent updates showed that the issue is now raised to our Engineering Team for further investigation.

Please ensure to leave the modem connected and turned on for remote testing purposes. 

Further updates will be communicated via phone call or SMS. 

Feel free to let us know should you require further assistance.

-Ahra_G