TPG Community

Get online support

First Time NBN Connection

SOLVED Go to solution
graememac7
Level 2

Received several SMS's asking me to connect - NCD & Modem connected as per guide. It's now more than 24 hours & lights still blinking. Lodged a Fault via the TPG App several hours ago but no response. Not sure what the hiccup is - any assistance appreciated. Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ahra_G

Hi @graememac7

There are instances that an installation can generally take 10 days depending on the Service Class though we provide a standard timeframe of 2-30 working days. 

Based on the account located, you have a scheduled appointment on 25 June 2020, between 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM. 

Please ensure that you or someone of legal age is present during the visit. 

Further updates regarding your installation will be sent via email. You may also check the status through this link: http://www.tpg.com.au/install

Feel free to let us know should you require further assistance. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Ahra_G

Hi @graememac7

There are instances that an installation can generally take 10 days depending on the Service Class though we provide a standard timeframe of 2-30 working days. 

Based on the account located, you have a scheduled appointment on 25 June 2020, between 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM. 

Please ensure that you or someone of legal age is present during the visit. 

Further updates regarding your installation will be sent via email. You may also check the status through this link: http://www.tpg.com.au/install

Feel free to let us know should you require further assistance. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

graememac7
Level 2

Thanks Ahra_G

Yes, I made a phone call later in the day and was advised of this.  I also received an email an hour later - it advised my original appointment to install NBN Bundle has been re-scheduled.  Sad bit is I was never informed of any schedule in first instance.  To top it off I was previously advised my installation had been cancelled ... by whom I still don't know.  Overall experience has been disappointing with what appears to be disjointed messages with little cohesion. I've tried to add a Word doc listing events chronologically to give you some idea, but it seems the file type is invalid.  Oh well.

Regards

Graeme  

graememac7
Level 2

Well my (NBN) is now up & running ... couldn't be happier with the service I received today from NBN/TPG.

Here's a chronology of events - for your information.

Now, I'm not sure if this is what's considered the normal sequence of events for NBN (FTTC) installations, but I have to say it was confusing to be bombarded by email & many differing SMS sources (minimum 6 mobile numbers).

You can refer to attachments & make up your own mind - my experience only.

Regards

Graeme

Shane

Hi @graememac7,

Whilst we successfully install thousands of NBN services each week we would like to sincerely apologise that this has not been your experience.

We do acknowledge the complexity of certain installations which can lead to unforeseen delays for which all providers are reliant upon NBN Co.

We're glad to know that the installation has been completed, we apologise for any inconvenience.

Regards,